2015 Jeep Cherokee

Participant count
  • Participant list

mml
10+ year member

The Cherokee has an Alpine "upgraded system".

Dash has 3 x 3.5"

Front and rear doors are 6x9's

Rear pillar 2.5"

Sub - 8" DVC

All channels are 2 ohms.

Apparently the amplifier has some sort of DSP built in, I'm not sure if this includes time alignment and other important functions similar to after market DSP's that I have read about.

My question is, if I add amplifiers with higher power through high level for each channel would the sound quality improve, my thinking is that the factory DSP functions would still function but with better/cleaner power.

I want to keep rear speakers (passengers).

the simplest anwer is yes, more power ususally means better speaker performance, which amps do you have?? the dsp that amps have are usually for xover functions not time aligment

the simplest anwer is yes, more power ususally means better speaker performance, which amps do you have?? the dsp that amps have are usually for xover functions not time aligment
Taken from from last vehicle, Alpine PDX-1.1000 and PDX-4.150, I realize these do not have hi-level in.

I'm not sure if I want to try a JBL MS-8, or add higher powered amplifiers with hi-level in, if the speakers have issues I would then upgrade them and if required add the MS-8 to tune everything. I'd like to do it in stages.

Taken from from last vehicle, Alpine PDX-1.1000 and PDX-4.150, I realize these do not have hi-level in.I'm not sure if I want to try a JBL MS-8, or add higher powered amplifiers with hi-level in, if the speakers have issues I would then upgrade them and if required add the MS-8 to tune everything. I'd like to do it in stages.
another quiestion do you like a "plug and Play" or do you like to play with setup? plug and play ms-8, play with set up, bit one, mosconi 6 to 8 with this you can have a new world with your current amps and speakers

another quiestion do you like a "plug and Play" or do you like to play with setup? plug and play ms-8, play with set up, bit one, mosconi 6 to 8 with this you can have a new world with your current amps and speakers
"plug and play", I don't have the time to "tweak"

I don't mind buying new amplifiers if required.

And then upgrading speakers if amplifiers are added.

I was hoping to start with amplifiers for each channel, or an MS-8, followed by speakers....

Whichever you choose to do, I am here to support you with product, advice and instructions. I can help you to connect MS-8 to the factory amplifier. For your information and others with a Jeep Alpine premium audio package, it's not simple to interface to this amplifier due to the number of channels. Changing some or all of the speakers is highly recommended for the best results so you don't have some speakers out of sync with the others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.