varying volume with stock setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

bump465

Senior VIP Member
Arizona
Hey guys so my friend just got a new car and it has a stock amplifier under the hood, the problem is that when he accelerates his music is noticibly louder.

the amp is a small 4 by 4 inch box under the hood and has what appears to be a very oversized looking coaxial cable and a small power/ground plug, It puts out like 150 watts at the most.

I was thinking that there has to be a messed up connection somewhere along the wiring, he has a new optima red top which i havent tested but his car starts fine and his LED headlights do not dim whatsoever.

The stock wiring is hard to follow and was thinking of just doing a big 3 upgrade to his car with some spare 8 gague i have laying around, as an alternator wiring issue is all i can come up with for varing volume based on speed.

Any input?

Hey guys so my friend just got a new car and it has a stock amplifier under the hood, the problem is that when he accelerates his music is noticibly louder.the amp is a small 4 by 4 inch box under the hood and has what appears to be a very oversized looking coaxial cable and a small power/ground plug, It puts out like 150 watts at the most.

I was thinking that there has to be a messed up connection somewhere along the wiring, he has a new optima red top which i havent tested but his car starts fine and his LED headlights do not dim whatsoever.

The stock wiring is hard to follow and was thinking of just doing a big 3 upgrade to his car with some spare 8 gague i have laying around, as an alternator wiring issue is all i can come up with for varing volume based on speed.

Any input?
Is this a stock hu too? Most stock hu's have that feature of raising the volume at higher speeds. Check the menu on the hu and you can disable it. As far as the big 3, I wouldn't go any lower than 4 ga., or do 2 runs of 8 if you have to.

Is this a stock hu too? Most stock hu's have that feature of raising the volume at higher speeds. Check the menu on the hu and you can disable it. As far as the big 3, I wouldn't go any lower than 4 ga., or do 2 runs of 8 if you have to.
Yes anything newer than an 02 will probably have this feture especially if it's a GM

the hu is aftermarket, jvc i beleive. I could do the upgrade in 4 gague it just feels excess for what a tiny amp he has. for pulling less than 15 amps i cant beleive there can be any issue in the wiring unless it is severe. I just wanted to know that i was giving the amp a solid connection all the way through.

the hu is aftermarket, jvc i beleive. I could do the upgrade in 4 gague it just feels excess for what a tiny amp he has. for pulling less than 15 amps i cant beleive there can be any issue in the wiring unless it is severe. I just wanted to know that i was giving the amp a solid connection all the way through.
Check that Hu then. Most likely it has the feature. As far as the big 3, not necessary for your application.

Check that Hu then. Most likely it has the feature. As far as the big 3, not necessary for your application.
and i thought my prs had everything. Anyone have any idea what this "speed feature" is called so i can google how to solve it?

and i thought my prs had everything. Anyone have any idea what this "speed feature" is called so i can google how to solve it?
I own a 2006 chevy malibu lt.. this car has the same feature which i thought was the battery till it happened even after the swap.

I cannot find the feature either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.