2014 Toyota RAV4 JL/Focal/Audison Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigaudiofanatic
10+ year member

Dynamic Mobile Audio
Dover DE
Long time customer of 5 years contacted me for a install on his newest car. In the past we have done active setups, tried new speakers such as the pioneer stage 4's but we decided to get back to basics and go with a high end component pair. He told me he wanted bone shaking bass so we decided to go with a pre build JL box with a W7 anniversary edition as well as upgrade the factory alternator. I recommended a set of K2 Focals for the front and to use his old Audison LRX 2.4k. We decided to go with a perfect fit kit and the Alpine X008U which I have to say is an amazing kit with a simple plug and play installation. Sense we went all out with a good quality set of components it was decided to do second skin luxury liner pro as well as damplifier. Onto the photos.

The toys.

Alpine X008U

Alpine PDX-M12

Audison LRX 2.4

Focal Ks 6.5's

KnuKoncepts 0 gauge OFC

Stinger RCA's

Stinger Speaker wire

Quality Power 240a Alternator

JL HO112R-12W7-3 (HO box + JL 12W7 combo)

Second Skin damplifier and Luxury liner pro

The old

Pulled out and ready for the new 8 inch screen

Getting ready for damplifier and new speaker wire.

Power wire ran

New alternator installed. (not by me)

Crappy stock speakers GONE.

Mat done by customer as assistance and to help out.

New stinger PRO speaker wire ran.

All wires in line

The old tweeters had a nice mount made however it was all in one. After drilling and filed smooth for a pressure tight fit.

New tweeters were pressure installed along with pipe dope to keep the secure.

Speakers ready for install.

All torx head screws were used.

The old and the new.

Some...modifications had to be made to fit the two amps in the storage area.

Amps were a seriously tight fit with no clearance to spare.

Bass knob installed for a stealth look.

5917.jpeg

Im very happy I found this thread and thank you for posting your build. I have a 2010 rav4 that I am collecting equipment for. Currently I drive around 1000miles a week commuting so I thought what better than enjoy a great system while I drive.

So it was great to see your thread as I haven’t began building yet. I have installed lots of audio over the years but its been a long gap since the last system. Gear Run down is , Focal Utopia 7” and Tn52 front stage , Lots of second skin and luxury liner as well as tweekers behind the drivers. I have a slew of old school amps and subs to us , orion xtr2150 , kicker kr 360 , zed made nakamichi , phoenix ti400.2 and 600.2, and others in my car audio secret closet. But enough about me..

So how did you like the tweeter placement and woofer combo? Do you think that A pillars would be much better? I always hear focal tweets are good off axis to a degree.

How about the sub and amp, did you find that it was powerful enough for this cabin size?

Is there anything you could advise on about this vehicle that could help me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.