2014 Ram 2500 Installation Question (Sorry)

Participant count
  • Participant list

doug_fresh

I'm not sure how it works with this forum, but I'm sure you guys hate it when an outsider comes in and asks for advice, and for that I apologize in advance. With that said I have a question...

So I just bought a brand new 2014 Ram 2500 with out the alpine stereo system :s, and I want to just put a small 10" sub in it. I really dont want to start digging into the dash and messing with a bunch of stuff that I probably wont understand. I've done some research and found the AudioControl LC2i which enables me to tap into the rear speakers and run the sub off of those. Now for the questions; Once I run the power cable from the battery to the back of the truck, does it need to go to the amp or to the LC2i first? And Ive read that I might need to get into the back of the display and find the remote wire that tells the display when to turn on and turn off and run a cable off that, is that really necessary? And the last question for now is do I need to run wire from both rear speakers to run one sub? Or do I need to just run it off of one speaker? I'm sure I sound like an idiot but I really dont want to have to pay a lot to just run a sub par system. Thanks a lot!!!

That lc2i (a solid loc, btw) only needs a +12v supply, which you can get by running it to your fuse box or off the power wire for your amp. It doesn't need a remote turn on. It will also send remote out to your amp to turn it on.You run the power to the amp from the battery, not to the loc. What kind of amp are you running?. You need to run from both rear speakers to the loc. Here to help, bro.

Thanks for the reply, this will be my first installation and of course its on my first brand new pick up so I want to make sure I do it right. this is the link to the system I want to pick up. I dont care to have to much bass, I just want a small upgrade.Kicker 10TC102 10" 300W Loaded Car Subwoofer Box 1100W Amplifier Amp Kit | eBay

So can I splice the power cable running from my battery to both the LOC and the amp? Again thanks for helping me out.

Do not splice the power wire. Run the power from the battery (with the fuse added as close to the battery connection as possible, no more than 12 inches) to the amp +. From that amp +, run a smaller wire (use some of the remote wire from the amp kit, the blue) to the loc for power to it. Make another run of that blue from the remote turn on at the amp to the signal on the loc that will tell the amp to turn on. Ground the amp to bare metal (using sandpaper). Make sure it is screwed down tight and run that ground wire as short as possible. You will have to look up your wiring harness schematic to find out your pos and neg wires coming from the rear speakers to hook up the loc the right way. You should be good to go.

No prob. One other very important thing to note. Run all of your wiring complete before you clamp that power wire to the battery. Lmk how it turns out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.