2014 Camry Amp ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rick1967

I have a 2014 Camry with the base 6 speaker system. I am in the process of adding Polk Audio 6x9's. I would also like to add amp to the system( 4 or 5 channel ). What all is required to install an amp to this system ? Amp mounting location Thanks in advance!! RICK

Questions that need to be answered and then I can give you some suggestions.

1. Budget

2. Are you going to add subs or just speakers?

3. Will you be adding an aftermarket headunit?

4. Will you be doing the work or paying a shop to do it?

I may add a 10" sub later

I would like to keep the factory unit

My budget is about $300-$400 and I can do the work myself, I am just not familiar with these integrated units.

Just my 2c contribution:

I am keeping the stock HU since it has settings for other stuff in the car, I like it, and I feel and have seen other posts on that agree that SQ is ok. I am putting in a RF prime 500 and dayton 15" today. I saw a post that I can dig up if desired where someone made a shelf to hang from the rear deck for the amps. I am putting my amp on the box. Using turn on from the cig lighter and also to power line converter (I am fusing). I am connecting the line converter right to the rear speakers (solder). Power wire through awsome factory grommet on passenger side. There should be a good ground on strut tower brace.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.