2013 silverado 3500hd

Put a pair of sundown sa10v2 in and have since pulled them out. They sounded fine but the 3inch seat lift made it difficult to line up my 5th wheel hitch. Gonna do 4 6.5s next so I don't need a seatlift
PXL_20220711_195328242.MP.jpg
PXL_20220717_182026433.MP.jpg

Also pulled the Memphis viv mids out and swapped to the silverflutes 6.5mids.

It never ceases to amaze me how much performance you can get out of these $30 speakers. They blow the Memphis out of the water until you get above 3khz.

Definitely an authoritative midbass. I finally have what I would consider good midbass. I've got them playing 0-3khz right now because of my lack of subs and they play down low just fine.
PXL_20220918_223055645.MP.jpg
PXL_20220918_223049344.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Next up I think I'm gonna swap the Memphis viv tweeters for some DD at-28a ceramic domes. I've screwed up and accidentally sent pure base at 125w to one of the Memphis tweets and well it's gone now so new tweeters are required.

Idk what I want to do amp and sub wise.

I want some compact amps so I can mount them easily but I also want at least 2kw for the sub amp.

I like matching amps otherwise idk which direction I'm going.

Next up I think I'm gonna swap the Memphis viv tweeters for some DD at-28a ceramic domes. I've screwed up and accidentally sent pure base at 125w to one of the Memphis tweets and well it's gone now so new tweeters are required.

Idk what I want to do amp and sub wise.

I want some compact amps so I can mount them easily but I also want at least 2kw for the sub amp.

I like matching amps otherwise idk which direction I'm going.

Sundown SIA2500 is pretty compact. It's my installers new favorite line of sub amps.

Thanks for posting a build log and following up on it. This forum needs more build logs and less politics.

I agree, some of you guys just talk in circles though. I just try to stay out of the drama. Alot of older members aren't active anymore and most of the new members don't know how to research before asking questions

Sundown SIA2500 is pretty compact. It's my installers new favorite line of sub amps.

Idk what I'm gonna do yet gonna be a while till I rebuild the truck system

I don't think i mentioned it prior but it shows in the pic. I put aftermarket carpet in and removed the factory vinyl flooring. The aftermarket carpet had a heavy mass loaded vinyl backer on it.

This made legitimately the biggest difference in my sound stage I think so far. It quieted road noise significantly and reduced reflection distortion alot since carpet absorbs and traps stray sound waves.

I've also done the pcm bypass to control my alts voltage. It's set at 14.8v for the agms I'm using now but I can set it up to 15.5v
20210723_194838.jpg
20210723_194913.jpg

PXL_20220730_234917586.MP.jpg

Don't know if I posed it before but I had a pair of DD 506 in a custom built box. It was a rushed build so it didn't look pretty but it sounded damn good.

This was the first time I had tried any of the 6.5inch subs and I was more than impressed.

1 cube at 36hz with a single 3 inch aero
20220213_094410.jpg
20210316_173642.jpg
20210316_173655.jpg

Any of course we can't forget this isn't a show truck it serves a purpose. Dragging my RV around this country since I travel for work. Its never really spotless and super clean but it's a work truck
20210305_122728.jpg

Ok so the build has went through alot of changes through the years and it was time for another change so pretty much everything is out of the truck equipment wise.

Plans
Headunit will be the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX
Dsp will be a ddaudio dsi-3
Tweeters will be stereo integrity m25 mkii
Mids are silverflute 6.5s
Amps are planned
Stereo integrity SIQ 125.4
Stereo integrity SIQ 1500d
Subs are planned to be 4 Savard Hi-Q 6.5s in a custom box 2.5ft³ tuned to 34hz
Schoshe efx interconnects will be used along with knu wiring.

Shouldn't need an alt or batteries but I may entertain a 40ah lto and supercaps to replace my aging agms under the hood. Alt might get swapped just because it's still the og 220amp factory option.

Gonna go pretty heavy on the dsp tuning this time I think. Doors will get rockwool installed to be more anechoic. Gonna at least get a new driver's door panel since gm doors **** and break. And I'm gonna drop the headliner and do Vibraflex and rockwool to deaden the roof and add sound absorption. A carpet dash mat is planned for sound absorption and to cover the cracks. I've already deadened the bottom of the dash to kill the rattles and stop further cracks

This is far from a show truck but it should look presentable on the inside once I'm done. I'm down to my last 2k I owe on this tow mule so it might get new paint and rims/tires next year but nothing over the top.

I might eventually swap to the stereo integrity tm65mkiv but not planned right now.

I still have to figure out how I'm gonna mount the stereo integrity amps. I'm hoping they fit behind the seats well.

Started on some temporary pods for the tweeters. I've been dealing with failing tweeters for 4-5months so quick pods will. Do for the short term. Gonna order custom machines ones later. These still need to be painted, wired and the tweeters installed. That should be by the end of the week once the tweeters get here.

PXL_20221009_172856443.MP.jpg
PXL_20221009_172841182.MP.jpg

Ok so the build has went through alot of changes through the years and it was time for another change so pretty much everything is out of the truck equipment wise.

Plans
Headunit will be the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX
Dsp will be a ddaudio dsi-3
Tweeters will be stereo integrity m25 mkii
Mids are silverflute 6.5s
Amps are planned
Stereo integrity SIQ 125.4
Stereo integrity SIQ 1500d
Subs are planned to be 4 Savard Hi-Q 6.5s in a custom box 2.5ft³ tuned to 34hz
Schoshe efx interconnects will be used along with knu wiring.

Shouldn't need an alt or batteries but I may entertain a 40ah lto and supercaps to replace my aging agms under the hood. Alt might get swapped just because it's still the og 220amp factory option.

Gonna go pretty heavy on the dsp tuning this time I think. Doors will get rockwool installed to be more anechoic. Gonna at least get a new driver's door panel since gm doors **** and break. And I'm gonna drop the headliner and do Vibraflex and rockwool to deaden the roof and add sound absorption. A carpet dash mat is planned for sound absorption and to cover the cracks. I've already deadened the bottom of the dash to kill the rattles and stop further cracks

This is far from a show truck but it should look presentable on the inside once I'm done. I'm down to my last 2k I owe on this tow mule so it might get new paint and rims/tires next year but nothing over the top.

I might eventually swap to the stereo integrity tm65mkiv but not planned right now.

I still have to figure out how I'm gonna mount the stereo integrity amps. I'm hoping they fit behind the seats well.

Started on some temporary pods for the tweeters. I've been dealing with failing tweeters for 4-5months so quick pods will. Do for the short term. Gonna order custom machines ones later. These still need to be painted, wired and the tweeters installed. That should be by the end of the week once the tweeters get here.

View attachment 43468View attachment 43469
Ive got a 2014 Chevrolet 2500 HD LT 6.0 LS in it 4dr long bed truck that I still have all stock HU ect in it. I use for a work truck. I plan to retire it next year, and do an install in it. I appreciate the build log and would do a log on it when I get the time. I think i have plenty of gear to choose from. Ill need to locate a DD HU that meets my needs for it. I can contest to the Road Noise that you have taken care of and plan to do the same. I have yet to pull any door panel as of yet. Id ask of how much depth do you actually have or room for the door speakers/ Clearance? I have another set of CDT HD Euro Sport 6.5s Id like to use or Image Dynamic CXS 64 v2 components. I like the tweeter location chosen as well. I am thinking of Pods for those as well, to inter-change from time to time.

Ive got a 2014 Chevrolet 2500 HD LT 6.0 LS in it 4dr long bed truck that I still have all stock HU ect in it. I use for a work truck. I plan to retire it next year, and do an install in it. I appreciate the build log and would do a log on it when I get the time. I think i have plenty of gear to choose from. Ill need to locate a DD HU that meets my needs for it. I can contest to the Road Noise that you have taken care of and plan to do the same. I have yet to pull any door panel as of yet. Id ask of how much depth do you actually have or room for the door speakers/ Clearance? I have another set of CDT HD Euro Sport 6.5s Id like to use or Image Dynamic CXS 64 v2 components. I like the tweeter location chosen as well. I am thinking of Pods for those as well, to inter-change from time to time.

I think the 2014 is a different interior and I think even uses 6x9 door speakers. In my truck I feel I could probably fit whatever midbass I want depth wise. Any bigger on the diameter and it wouldn't fit the factory door panel opening. Those cdt we're the mini woofers iirc and they would likely require a proper 3 way.

I think the 2014 is a different interior and I think even uses 6x9 door speakers. In my truck I feel I could probably fit whatever midbass I want depth wise. Any bigger on the diameter and it wouldn't fit the factory door panel opening. Those cdt we're the mini woofers iirc and they would likely require a proper 3 way.
I have 4 inch mids and CDT 3 way Xovers as well

I have 4 inch mids and CDT 3 way Xovers as well
My interior looks almost the same as yours by pics. I know 2015 the interior ect changed up. the door panels have an opening and stamped for a 6.5 and I believe the rear doors as well. My existing Pillar tweets are the same as yours also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...