2013 kia forte koup help

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeepguylv

CarAudio.com Elite
hey everyone, I just bought my daughter a kia forte koup and would like to do a a system for her. she is 20 and listens to mostly rap and r&b .

for starters I will add a sub and amp off the factory h/u for now then add a little hear and there, or I may wait till I have all the equipment and put it all in at once.

I wanted to know if anyone has done an install on this car before and if so are there any tips you can give me as far as running wires, tapping into the factory unit, what works in the factory locations ( I don't mean size of speakers but rather the depth ), I can figure all this out without a problem, just wanted to see if anyone has experience with this car before.

a few things I have lying around is an HDS3 15", a set of SQ 6.5 pro audios with the supertweets, mmats hd4000.1(I wanted to save for myself), a set of DB6501 polk comp., hifonics hifi 100.4, bxi 1200.1, plenty of 0ga. wire. (what would you use if you had this sitting in the garage)

or I was thinking of getting her some different equipment, gives me a chance to try some other stuff out. (suggestions please, cost effective of course, lol)

another thought is I would like to cut out and port thru the rear deck, I was looking at it and it has a lot of area I can use to port thru, there is a recessed rounded desighn in the rear deck that I was going to cut out and make a frame and cover it with speaker grill fabric. what are your thoughts on this. ( would I use the port of the box it's self or just a general port to allow bass to move from trunk to cabin)

would like to hear your input.

thanks

did some measuring in the trunk and I think I can give up aprox. 3.5 to 4 cubes, that would be the max net volume, I might be able to squeeze 4.75 if I had to, looking to do 3 10's , 4 8's, 2 12's, 1 15, something along those lines......... based on the room and type of car what are some of your recommendations ? I would really like to cut out the rear deck but am not sure what that does to tuning and what effect it might have. so if anyone has done this I would like to know a little more on the subject.

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.