2013 Chevy Malibu LS

Participant count
  • Participant list

tat2bass
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cali
Does anyone know what the speaker sizes are for a 2013 Malibu LS. It does not have the pioneer system. I traded in my 2013 CMax which had the Sony system which was surprisingly good sounding and the stock system in the Malibu *****. So I want to upgrade it really soon

radio.JPG

since your stock radio is integrated, replacing it won't be easy. instead you should add an external amplifier with high level inputs to power the new speakers. otherwise, the upgrade will be limited by the factory amplifier.

radio.JPG

since your stock radio is integrated, replacing it won't be easy. instead you should add an external amplifier with high level inputs to power the new speakers. otherwise, the upgrade will be limited by the factory amplifier.
I plan on keeping the stock unit and running a LOC with an external processor. I looked in crutch field but it showed both 6.5 and 5.25 so I wasn't sure.

I plan on keeping the stock unit and running a LOC with an external processor. I looked in crutch field but it showed both 6.5 and 5.25 so I wasn't sure.
no need for a LOC if you run an OEM processor, those will have high level inputs already. most decent amps have high level inputs.

it showed both because you can just as easily fit a 5.25 in the same place as a 6.5. a bracket is needed anyway.

no need for a LOC if you run an OEM processor, those will have high level inputs already. most decent amps have high level inputs.
it showed both because you can just as easily fit a 5.25 in the same place as a 6.5. a bracket is needed anyway.
I'll have to check my amps later. No sure actually. I have a Boston GT2300 and decided to keep my SPG555 on it and gonna run a Polk PA330 for the front stage. Not decided on the front stage yet. You were correct btw and metra was wrong. The rear doors are 6.5. It says 6x9 but that is what the pioneer system uses in the rear deck which I don't have.

Thanks for the help man

pick up a GT-4125 so the amps match!

if you do get an interface, Audio Control has a nice selection that provide other features. Bass correction would be handy for the sub and an EQ would be handy for the front.

pick up a GT-4125 so the amps match!
if you do get an interface, Audio Control has a nice selection that provide other features. Bass correction would be handy for the sub and an EQ would be handy for the front.
I really like the looks of that GT 4100. Don't really know where I Can find one though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.