2011 Silverado - PAC SWI-RC - Disable Factory Bluetooth

Participant count
  • Participant list

fajitas21

Ok, this is a pretty specific one, so I'll try to be detailed. I searched the forums here, but didn't find what I thought would help me.

I have a 2011 Silverado, it came with the Technology Package. No Bose, no Nav.

I can push and hold the mute button to talk to the truck to make a call, etc.

I installed a Pioneer AVH-4100NEX today.\

Wiring Harness = PAC OS-5.

Camera = Clarion backup camera.

Steering Wheel Controls = PAC SWI-RC

The problem is that after the radio is installed, I attempted to program my steering wheel controls, but couldn't because after setting the settings on the SWI-RC weren't allowing me to program the 3rd item, MUTE.

Radio - Pioneer - Settings on the rotational switch is 7

Program Mode - It says to use Program Mode 1, which I have set.

I can program the first item, which is Vol Up.

Second works, Vol Down.

When it's ready for the 3rd command, MUTE, I push (and hold the button as the instructions say) the button and it tries to launch my vehicle's built in technology package bluetooth, which is apparently independent of the radio. This messes up the programming mode, so I cannot successfully complete it.

So, if anyone has a Gen 7 silverado with a Pioneer 4100NEX and using the PAC OS-5 and SWI-RC, could you please let me know if you defeated this problem?

I'm thinking I need to remove the factory bluetooth, or find a way to bypass it.

Thoughts? I know someone has run into this before!

Thanks,

Lee

Sounds like you need to see a schematic of the steering wheel controls. During install you changed the wiring configuration. Those buttons are series if resistances and based on resistance, the device knows which button. They can be interconnected between audio and BT and you may need to ground an additional wire. The PAC instructions are usually pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a pac to install in my car and just gave up. Yeah it's pretty straightforward, but they tell you to wire it into the cars plug, I don't recall having anything in that specific pin of the plug lol. And do they want it in the cars plug or the adapter for the cars plug. Headache lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

In hopes this helps someone in the future. The "factory" bluetooth, which overrides everything, I believe is part of OnStar, and can't be removed.

PAC replied to my email said not to push the long press on the Mute/Voice command. It can't be fixed with the steering wheel controls, and to avoid it.

So that's that. Hopefully that helps future peoples.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.