2011 Ford F-150 w/Sony Navigation

Participant count
  • Participant list

HardcoreBob

Senior VIP Member
Dallas
Hello...

I'm 40, been out of the car audio game for about 15 years, but I'm back and studying to put together a beast mode system for my 2011 Ford F-150 Supercrew with Sony Nav...

I guess I'm just a newb again (never was a wizard by any means)... The little bit of research I've done in the past week has helped me narrow "some" things down...

Head Unit replacement is not an option ( for me anyway)...

So from what I gather, I will first need something along the lines of an "Audio Control Lc?" to sum my head units output and give me RCA out puts...

I have a couple of preliminary questions...

My sound system has a center channel, which raises a ton of questions for my simple newbie brain,

Unless that is, if most veterans can give solid recommendation on eliminating the channel or not

(If I do eliminate, eliminate altogether, or just not amplify/use crossovers...

Another preliminary question I have, is:

My doors fit 6x8s or 5 1/4s... What are the pros and cons of each? (A rep from crutchfield told me the 6x8s have more low end, I listen to literally -everything- all types of music in a given day, HOWEVER, my passion is dark low end HEAVY metal guitar riffs)

Would 6x8s have a substantial difference in that low- midrange area?

Another question, which may sound dumb because it's so subjective, is, is there a particular brand of component speakers more suitable to the low end/mid range... I have always felt drawn to Rockford, but Memphis had the best sounding speaker "I" have ever heard, but I haven't heard many high end speakers.

Also, I'm learning from my research, that rear speakers are much less important... should I leave my rear door speakers factory ( they are the Sony premium package which, of course, isn't much) without amplification, or replace them without amplification ( mid range only instead of component?)

Just need that much clarification on the rear door speaker issue...

Thank you guys for your time and input, I will be coming back with more questions as I get this project off the ground.

Yes, I will be running subs... two old school Punch HX2 dual voice 1,000 watt 10s...

And no, my factory unit has no outputs on the back.

Thanks!

I also have two Alpine E12s... I can only assume they would be a bad option compared to the RFs that have been sitting dormant since the good ol days...

The main, and only amp, I'm hoping to run is also a beauty from the old school... Precision Power PCX4125. If I'm correct in my thinking, which I very well may not be, I should be able to run the fronts in one channel, and Bridge the other two.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.