2011 Dodge Challenger SRT Build

i would think about making a support for that floor mat board that is laying over the amps. i didnt, and now my chargers trunk floor board is cracked and sinking down right where your amps are at. there are indentations in the floor board where the box sits in that spot over the last 4 years ive had my box in the trunk. just a fyi. those things are pretty stiff out of the factory but after a few years they start to weaken .

How long was the wire you used from Alt. to Battery?
I did measure but I would have to guess around 14-17 feet

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

i would think about making a support for that floor mat board that is laying over the amps. i didnt, and now my chargers trunk floor board is cracked and sinking down right where your amps are at. there are indentations in the floor board where the box sits in that spot over the last 4 years ive had my box in the trunk. just a fyi. those things are pretty stiff out of the factory but after a few years they start to weaken .
Thanks I'll look into it!

Those ground wire upgrades are doing nearly nothing for you since you didn't make full contact to bare metal. A cup brush in a drill will make quick work of the cleanup, then you can cover the connection with paint, rubberized undercoating from a can, grease, etc. to seal it.

Those ground wire upgrades are doing nearly nothing for you since you didn't make full contact to bare metal. A cup brush in a drill will make quick work of the cleanup, then you can cover the connection with paint, rubberized undercoating from a can, grease, etc. to seal it.
I already had intentions of going back to it. Im buying a dremel tool this weekend. I didnt want to use my orbital sander because I only wanted to sand the are where it will make contact

Weekend progress, started the amp rack. Only to find out I didnt have enough snap in grommets. There will be here soon. First thing I did was did the layout how I wanted it inside and drilled the holes for grommets.

Even though I would be swapping out amps eventually , I didnt want to put alot of time and effort into this. However I wanted it to be simple and clean looking while I save money for the amps I want. So lots of techflex were used and knokonceptz as well. It turns out my amps were scratched from being on the couch, so I improvised and bought some 3m vinyl wrap. Its not an exact color but its close enough for me. Now for pics of the rack

Now to the 3m wrap, I highly recommend this. It is really to work with and get all the bubbles out. I was even able to cut it along the edges with my finger nail.

Test fit in my trunk

Still waiting on the rest of the grommets.

Will be working on my rear deck next, making baffles and deadening the crap out of it lol

Dang man. Very nice build! Tuned in.

Love the car.. I have ALWAYS wanted a challenger. Either an RT or a 392. Hopefully once I finish college I can ditch the Fusion and grab one. Such beautiful cars.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.