2011 Chevy Silverado 1500

Participant count
  • Participant list

rvwisneski

So I had this great idea to replace my factory deck with a aftermarket. I can get the deck to power on when I hook both the constant and the accessories wire to the battery cable. I am assuming this is the red/white wire is constant power. On the new harness the yellow cable is labeled batter. I tried hooking the radio up to the dark green. It gives some odd results to the accessories, but does not power on. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Yes, I have hooked up the ground(black). Any help would be much appreciated.

With that truck you should really buy an aftermarket integration adapter/harness. Hopefully you haven't backed up the factory harness. To answer your question yellow should be constant power and red should be switched accessory power. If you don't use an aftermarket adapter you will lose turn signal clicking sound and warning chimes.

I cut the harness, but I will just buy a new Chevy harness kit and rebuild it. So a $60 radio has just doubled. Lol. At least learning lots. Thanks for the reply.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.