2008 Lancer Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

oni
10+ year member

Texas
Anyone with an 08 or newer Lancer/Evo. I getting ready to do an install on mine and was wondering if anyone else has any experience.

What I'm thinking is starting with the obvious .... 1/0 Big 3!

I want to do a Kenwood DNX5120 H/U, Components in the front (haven't finalized which), and an Fi Q 12" 2 Ohm DVC. I already have an Eclipse PA4212 for the fronts and a BX1505D for the Sub.

I was thinking of mounting an amp under each front seat to conserve space. I've never done this for an amp install before so I'm looking for any Pros/Cons. I'm thinking about building a topless box for each amp that doesn't extend all the way to the top of the amp for airflow with a removable tray. Last thing I want is to mount it to the floor and have my car pool spill coffee again. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif (In all fairness, it was the **** Deer's fault for making me dodge it, but who can complain about going sideways at 65 mph in a controlled slide around a deer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif)

Anyway, my biggest concern is making sure my amps don't overheat in that location and light my ass on fire. But as I said, because I carpool with 2 others to work, the car is pretty full and I'd like to keep some space. Below is a link for a custom box build for the trunk (for trunk space reference). I'll probably go with a standard 1.4 (after displacement) cubes box. I've never tried fiber glassing like that link and I don't think I want to try to learn with my new car. Heh.

I've only done 2 other builds for my self and they were much less involved so anyone helpful comments are much appreciated.

Trunk Link - http://forums.evolutionm.net/evox-sale-electronics-lighting-audio/380617-evo-x-subwoofer-enclosure-wicked-cas-magicbox-started.html (Page 2 about 1/3 down has a great view)

GTS?

I wouldn't put the amps under the seats, especially if you have people in the back seat a lot. People would be kicking the **** out of them and what not. Just put it on the back of the box and make a nice flush mount beauty panel for them. That is what I did in my cavy to help save space and looked good IMO.

No GTS, only the ES. All the GTS had the ****ing CVT with paddle shifters... Stick is the only way.

as far as people. A.) they're short and B.) the one in the back usually sits sideways sleeping on the way to/from work.

But like I said, I figured I'd build a box-thing around the amp so it wouldn't take any direct kicks. The Fi would vibrate it more than the kick, heh.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.