a have a few ?'s kinda new

ltr450racer690
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
west laffy
first i would like to say thanks for anyone who will give me ANY good info with my question beforehand.

1. i have 2 10" L7 in 2 ported truck boxes in my 03 sierra reg cab. i have a zx600.1 kicker amp and was wounding if that is plenty or if i were to get a bigger amp(zx1000.1) would it hit better and clearer and would the subs be a safe range without overpowering to the point of blowing???

2. my front speakers are still stock fronts and what would u guys recommend for fronts speakers and i have a kicker sponsorship threw motocross:D, so i need to stay threw them.

3. should i scrap the 2 ported boxes i have and just do 1? kind need a good box and some seat room still.

P.S. i did search and could find what i wanted so if there a links i would def like to see them

thanks again

kyle

yes get the bigger amp...yes ditch the 2 boxes (altho it doesn't truly matter as long as each box is the right size) and take your pick of any of the Kicker componants

the 1000, becuse u wont have to set the settings as high to get the amount of power you want thus, cause less distortion,heat, possableclipping and so on

Either the Kicker zx1000.1 or zx1500.1 would be perfect, as long as your subs are dual 2 ohm.

The boxes are fine - you'll spend a lot more moolah buying a new single box.

Buy a Kicker 1500.1 for the subs and dont jack the gain up, just set it conservatively since that seems to be what you want.

Kicker SS Components and a Kicker 350.2 or similar. Maybe even a 450.2 if you want to be a bit conservative on the gains.

Good luck bud. You'll get nice pricing.

On the price of the amp - look around. I found one used without the cover for like 85 bucks shipped, or something stupid cheap like that.

Just search the classified for your 600.1 and compare prices. If it's cheap enough with the cover, I might buy it. I hate not having the cover.

it is my belief that you should always use an amplifier that is more powerful than you subwoofer....hence you need 1000 watts you should run 1500 watts... the amplifier wont strain under the load and....... the sound will be ooh soo much better....more speakers are blown my underpower.... vs overpower!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.