2007 mazda 3 HU install

Participant count
  • Participant list

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
My buddy has an '07 mazda 3 and got 2 12" CVRs in a 2 cuft sealed box with a lanzar 1000watt max amp(i dont know model number) and we i wired all of it up except the rca and remote wire.

I was wondering how tough of an install a HU will be. I have the rca piece where i can tap into his two rear speakers but he only has door speakers. Therefore i would have to remove both door panels and wire speaker wire from both doors to the trunk. I told him to get CD player because the local audio shop said they have dash kits for them.

Anyone done an install on one of these before? Which route would you take, a new deck or the line out converter or w/e it is. The dash looks complicated, but in no way and am too intemidated by either method. Just wondering which you guys would do.

Also what is one of the best HU for about $200-250

I like the alpine, pioneer, and kenwoods. Pioneer i am kind of skeptical of because of the RCA grounding. I honestly am leading towards the kenwood b/c i think it has higher prevolt out puts.

I have a 2007 mazda3, I just installed a double din unit on it.

It is pretty straightforward as said before, just buy a Metra dash kit with the wiring harness, follow the instructions and you should be good.

If you have problems pm me or check http://www.mazda3forums.com or http://www.mazdas247.com forums, good info in there.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

alright thanks guys! for some reason i was thinking it would be a little awkward with that big radio knob. Does that come out too, or just sit there with no purpose? I didnt really check it out too hard yet he is ordering the cd player on the 15th because thats when he gets paid so ill figure it out thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.