2007 Chevy Tahoe Simple Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

SkizeR
10+ year member

New York
Jay got in touch with me recently about wanting to do a simple and hidden install in his 2007 Chevy Tahoe. He provided all of the equipment. some of which was used in previous installs. The requirements were that the amps to be hidden, and of course good sound. He was on the fence about using a processor as his last install used one but wasnt tuned properly and he wasnt satisfied. I showed him the difference of a proper tune and no tune in my personal car and he was sold on it instantly. I ended up removing the stock subwoofer enclosure under the center console to make room for the amps, and the processor was installed in the OEM Bose amp location, which wasnt needed anymore since Jay previously installed an Alpine Restyle head unit himself.

Just a note: im a dummy and forgot to snap some photos of the power wire run, and the HDPE Flush mounted baffles. I think its cause i was bitter about them because i may have snagged a finger on a half inch upcut spiral flush trim bit while making them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

A liberal amount of CLD was used to combat any possible resonance that the door mounted Focal K2 6.5's would introduce. When i do customers cars i go for a more overkill approach as opposed to the good ol' 25% rule. This is because when time is money, your time hunting down resonance and rattles can add up to much more than the cost of just going overboard with materials. If this were my own car, id have no issues spending a weekend trying to get done what i can with what i have. But when these doors were done, they seemed bullet proof. CLD everywhere i could get my hands on.

4q8pBJS.jpg

HePiTXG.jpg

MOuIef7.jpg

Once the doors were fully sealed, they were covered with closed cell foam to prevent any panel-on-panel vibration.

Bf3zqN0.jpg

As with all actively crossed installs i do, the tweeters had a 50uF capacitor installed in line to protect from any possible equipment failure or user error. All speakers also have XT60 quick connects for easy install and future servicing.

z3NuSOc.jpg

All speakers also have XT60 quick connects for easy install and future servicing.

skhpL6c.jpg

The two Arc Audio amps and Helix DSP all installed under the center console.

Qz0zrGq.jpg

l1yFXaB.jpg

The Focal K2 tweeter installed in the sail panel. We chose this location over the factory location because the factory location was in a less than ideal location. I actually did my own texture coat and paint on these as opposed to leaving them as is. There was a small scratch on one that bothered me lol.

Vvbz8s3.jpg

w5rEaR7.jpg

pSg4psV.jpg

The subwoofer and its enclosure were also provided by Jay. The enclosure was secured from the rear with a pair of L-brackets.

blRhXDl.jpg

The Arc XDI bass knob was mounted in a mostly hidden but easy to reach location.

tx34kcP.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone!

Where was the factory tweeter locations?
on the a pillar but were facing away from the driver and at the windshield, and the grill would have blocked parts of the tweeter. installing them there would have been a major compromise

on the a pillar but were facing away from the driver and at the windshield, and the grill would have blocked parts of the tweeter. installing them there would have been a major compromise
Away from the driver?? Shouldn't they be facing towards the driver? I mean I get it at the chosen angle which will reflect off the windshield.

Away from the driver?? Shouldn't they be facing towards the driver? I mean I get it at the chosen angle which will reflect off the windshield.
which is why i didnt use them. i put the tweeters in the sail panels instead.

which is why i didnt use them. i put the tweeters in the sail panels instead.
It was Bose right? I'm sure somebody had a reason to do it... bad reason maybe
Which is why I'm trying to understand. But guess I'll never know. Most of us know that sound comes from up front...not away, at an angle, etc.

But....anyway nice job with the install. Would have liked to see before/after pics. Some are there but what about center console put back? Do the amps get hot in those locations?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.