2006 chevy truck

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well im not sure about a "trnsfer cable" but alot of the 2002-up GM products require a bypass-modual to work with the factory theft system, Airbags, Door chimes etc..? So it is very possible that YES he may require this unit to properly install a new H.U. I have seen it done without the modual and you do not "NEED" one but i highly recommened it for warranty and safety. If I remember correctly, they ran around $169 CND but I could be wrong. I hope this helps a little bit!

uhm i highly doubt it! they will want to sell you an expensive ass wiring harness that way you can keep your door chimes. and an even more expensive one if you want your steering wheel controls to work and if you have a boss system well add some more money to your harness oh yea and the final shafting if you have on star and want that to work bend over and prepare for penetration. and yea the $200 price sounds about right for that kind of cable. now can you go buy a $15 cable that you can wire an after market cd player to and use it in your truck? of coarse! thats what i did. you can even get adapters later if you wanna use your steering wheel controls. i don't know about you but im glad my door chimes are gone i find them extremely annoying and i never used my on star to expensive IMO and i wouldn't use it enough. so don't listen to all the BS about how you have to have an advanced wiring harness or you CANT use an after market cd player. but depending on what features you have on the truck and what you want to keep will determine the price of the harness that you will need to get. oh and if you do have that boss system if you still want to use the stock amp and only wire a cd player you will need a more expensive harness. or you can do like me and re wire your speakers to bypass the boss amp and go all after market!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.