2006 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 4 L7's

JonnyMasters

I have a crew cab truck, with 4 Kicker Solo Baric L7 15's, running off a Audiopipe 3000.1D, in a huge ported box. I am going to rebuild the box and add a capacitor. I was wondering everyone's suggestions on boxes. I can fit just about anything because I took my seat out. It sounds really good now, but I just want more. I have considered a bandpass, but I know they are limited to certain ranges and I listen to a lot of different music. Should I just stick with ported? Since I'm adding a capacitor is worth the money to add another battery? Its a big truck so adding one isn't an issue. I just don't have money to waste.

~Thank you.

What size cap I suggest atleast a 20 farad can find a stinger one for about 250 I thibk and I agree with a battery they also make a decent large battery too or a kibetic I hear is good or can always buy a yellow top optima

Firstly, for those L7's to "perform" the way they were meant to, you will need :

a. A better and bigger amp based on how you plan to wire up all 4 of them (1 ohm, 2 ohm, 0.5 ohm??).

b. More batteries based on what kind of amp you get and your total current draw. Capacitors are a waste of time. Ask ANY of the big spl guys.

c. Possibly upgrade your alternator and do the big 3 if you havent already.

Ported would be fine for that kind of vehicle btw, as long at your box and port are tuned and built right. Its all in the install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.