2005 Kia Rio Sub Power Cable Routing

Participant count
  • Participant list

stipe

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys,

Now I have searched all over and I havent really found much on this topic. I have purchased a 2005 Kia Rio (JB) (right hand drive) and would like to installl a Rockford Fosgate amp/sub combo in my rear. Now this is all simple but i cannot for the life of me find a suitable place to rout the power cable through the fire wall. There are two grommets I have found, one on the left and one on the right side but I am unsure as to where they will throw the cable out in the dash.

This is the grommet on the left and the bottom picture is the one on the right but i believe it will spit out right behind/within the cars HVAC system which is behind the glove box.

99151557_608426473217045_7219264812490948608_n.jpg

98205722_768128247060531_2057129123913924608_n.jpg

If anyone has placed a sub inside one of these cars could you please give me some advice, Id like to avoid drilling into the metal if possible.

Hi guys,

Now I have searched all over and I havent really found much on this topic. I have purchased a 2005 Kia Rio (JB) (right hand drive) and would like to installl a Rockford Fosgate amp/sub combo in my rear. Now this is all simple but i cannot for the life of me find a suitable place to rout the power cable through the fire wall. There are two grommets I have found, one on the left and one on the right side but I am unsure as to where they will throw the cable out in the dash.

This is the grommet on the left and the bottom picture is the one on the right but i believe it will spit out right behind/within the cars HVAC system which is behind the glove box.

View attachment 21798

View attachment 21799

If anyone has placed a sub inside one of these cars could you please give me some advice, Id like to avoid drilling into the metal if possible.
Have you tried pulling any of the grommets, and pushing your wire through to see where it goes. If you are satisfied with where it comes out, pull the wire back and cut a small opening in the grommet for the wire. Reinstall the grommet, push your wire through and you can proceed with your project.

Also look for a large grommet around your steering column. This is usually a good place to run a cable.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.