2005 Chevy Trailblazer LT Bose Stereo problem (Crackling, Distorted noises)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pubsy95

Hello everyone,

I currently own a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer LT. Around three months ago, I started to hear a somewhat loud buzzing sound that could be drowned out if I turned up the radio. Finally, it got really bad and I couldn't listen to music or the radio. I would move the center console around and it would make a huge static sound almost like fireworks but after moving it around, it would fix the problem. It was kind of like moving a bad guitar cable and it finally works in a certain position. My car has a console in the back seat which turns off all back speakers and allows whoever is in the back to listen to music through headphones. I noticed I could use that and be able to listen to music without the static noise. I did that for about a month and all the sudden the device started smoking and I pulled it out. Now I cant get any sound and sometimes it sounds like fireworks going off through my speakers. I can put the radio all the way up and hear a small amount a music, almost like if I had the radio barely on but only sometimes it outputs noise. I removed the center console and noticed a cable was burned through, which I replaced. I don't think I have a short since the fuse would have been blown. I don't know if the amplifier has a short in it or something is not properly grounded. Please can anyone help? I will attach videos of the noise!

Edit: The noise is extremely loud even when the volume is at 1%. It's so loud that everyone turns and stares at my car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.