2004 chevy impala remote start

Participant count
  • Participant list

req
5,000+ posts

am a mod.
Syracuse, NY
hi there guys.

im working on installing a remote start for my dad in his 04 imp, and i was wondering if theres anyone out there who has installed one in this vehicle. seems to be that the 457GW cant do locks and all that fun stuff because it is one of the d*mn vehicles that uses resistor based locks. ive found most of what i need, but for starters - heres a couple of Q's and info on the car.

here is the datasheet for the impala

it says "Notes: This wire must be powered as an accessory wire. If powered as a second ignition, the car will not crank." for second accessory. so if there is no "second accessory" wire off my remote start [wich i do not have at this point in time] then i would have to wire a relay inline with the "first accesory" wire as a trigger for the relay? or is there an eaiser way to do it? im guessing theres going to be a second accessory wire on the remote start though.

second, the keysense and many of the other wires are located in a bcm\molex thing above the break pedal.

picture one - of the BCM under the driver side dash and above the break pedal

note the two green wires *sigh*

you can see there are two green wires in there, what does keysense do when triggered? just apply 12v? or does it ground?

as far as the locks go, it says i need to use relays, what relay would i need, and how do i need to wire it? ive not really been taught on relays\locks very much.

as far as the factory alarm, it says "factory alarm disarm," is there usually a wire that comes off the remote start that will disarm the factory alarm when the remote start is activated?

ive done more alarms than remote starts, and most remote starts ive worked on were older and more straight forward vehciles - always with help from the Sr. Installer [who was a terrible teacher i might add - never explained anything]

so is there anything else i will need to know when putting this in? and please dont recommend alarms or remote start brands. no im not getting anything you have ever heard of. and please dont tell me its garbage... as far as hardware is concerned - i know what im doing. if you dump my thread. i will help it dissapear.

thanks for all the help if you can provide any insight. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

as far as the factory alarm, it says "factory alarm disarm," is there usually a wire that comes off the remote start that will disarm the factory alarm when the remote start is activated?

as far as your ignition harness wiring...

12v = red... and i think red/white or maybe both are red...

ignition = pink

2nd ignition = white

accessory = orange

starter = yellow

those should be all you need... almost every alarm i've dealt with has 2 ignition wires... if you don't then you need to see if a wire on the brain is a -200MA 2nd ignition or accessory output... you'll use that wire to activate a relay and activate the other wire

keysense usually goes to ground when the key is inserted into the ignition

but even if it goes to 12v you can check it... meter your suspected wire... insert key... and see if hte meter switches from 12v to 0... or from 0 to 12v...

your best bet would be get a DEI 451M from an installer... i know i have like 5 in my box at work... wire the small blue and green to your -lock & unlock output from the alarm... send red to 12v... then on the bigger wires purple goes to 12v or ground... depending on if your locks are 12v or ground... and you use your blue & green wires for your lock & unlock and insert the resistor as needed... which on the impala is a white wire?

most alarms have a factory alarm disarm wire on them... if not lemme know and i'll figure something else out...

this car is not as hard as you may think it is... i TRY to catch as many wires away from the bcm as possible... i just hate stripping and soldering way back against the firewall where that BCM is... don't unpin anything lol...

you can usually get doorlocks in the sill panels where the main harness runs in the car... you will more than likely have to diode isolate all the door triggers at the BCM...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.