2003 SE 15 and SQ

TheVanMan
10+ year member

Why you looking here?
Alright I think I am ready to spend some cash to officially buy the woofers. Dave says that the 2003 have some pretty good SQ and can get pretty **** loud. I am planning to put them in a 4 cuft box ported to 30hz which is the recommended enclosure for SQL on the site. I was wondering from the people that have had this woofer how is it in SQ. The 2003 are totally different from the 2002 and I know the 2002 SE was decent in SQ so I don't need opinions on the 2002 version. I currenly have 2 12" infinity reference subs and they sound pretty good so will the SE have comparable or better SQ?

Option # 2 (been throwing this down for a while too):

If I was to get a 15" XXX how would it compare too 2 SE's (SQ and SPL). If you haven't already notice I am looking for something that can get real loud and thunderous but has to sound good doing it.

I dont know much about these subs, but like i said, from what people say, the HC is more of a SQ sub
well, from what i understand the HC is RE's line of an SQ sub! also, to answer and ask a question to van man...are you looking at TWO 15" se's or ONE 15" XXX....between those two...having TWICE as much cone area...i'd say the se's would pull it out in loudness and SQ in the right enclosure. peace

NG

If I recall...the HC had a much more flatter response than the SE did...

I believe the new model SE's are vastly improved, and are more up to par with the HC's in the SQ department...

I actually got a 2003 Se off of Dave it the coils were moddded a bit but the sub was loud I mean I was hitting some decent db numbers. As for SQ....I've had subs with better SQ that the SE but on a pure power level it was great....although I did fry the coils.

Thanks guys for the help. I expect them not sound perfect but at sound better then just decent. I plan to give them about 4.5 cubes to 30hz.

I used to have two 15" SE's (2003 version)....the SQ was a lot better than I expected. It certainly wasn't in the upper echelon of SQ subs....but it was pretty da*n nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.