dented speaker cone

Put a piece of double-sided foam tape on your finger, touch the dent and pull it out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

man i tried everything, and it just got worse!! i tried one of those little suction cup thingees and i was SURE that would work....but noooo, now looks like im just going to have to get a new dust cap and replace it cuz it looks like complete ****, lol. oh well

i dont know if the w3's have vented pole pieces but if it does you can take a pencil with an eraser on it and **** it in the pole piece and push on the underside of dust cap and it will come right out
smile.gif

I would not worry about the dents. I don't really think you can do much without really weakening the cone. Bending them back the other direction is probably not a good idea.

Go pick up a dent king kit for your car, 20 bucks lol that should do it haha.

I smashed in one of my pioneer caps and there was no way of getting it out, i used the pin and that worked, i pulled it out, throw a little little dab of epoxy on it to fill it... eventually it caved in again.. SO i took an exacto knife and cut the whole cap off and got a new one :/

lol im thinkin of taking the JL dustcap off and push the dents out then put it back on...i have no idea how, and i'll prolly fuk it up...but JL wants to charge 99.99 (shipping included) to recone it... looks like i'll just keep the ugly ass dented dustcap...in which case i wont waste time glassing a nice box, cuz that would be pointless

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.