2003 Chevy Trailblazer EXT LT - Car audio noob

oh i forgot i didn't mean no disrespect and congratulations on the win i hope one day i win a sound quality and spl thats the reason im spending money besides the love i have for music lol

Cool! It's good to see someone else appreciate the sport also. Music is the reason I do it too. I may ask some questions on some of the audiocontrol equipment you are running. I need some first hand experience to help me out. BTW, I am cluttering up this mans Build Log, so i will probably just PM you.

I wonder what type of music the OP listens to. I wonder what type of engine in the Trailblazer(the 350 vortec can support more electrical components and the upgraded alternator costs less to buy than the smaller V8's or V6. I wonder what types of expectations he has with his audio ambitions.
I listen to a lot of different stuff...mostly rock/metal, but I love some good thumping bass grooves thrown into the mix. And some country. I'm really eclectic...there's not a whole lot that I DON'T listen to, in all honesty.

And it's a Vortec 4200 inline 6.

I do know for a definite fact that the stock HU can put out WAY more power than the stock speakers can handle at roughly 1/3 volume. I was doing a sound check today and succesfully killed every speaker except for the 2 drivers door speakers (which are still somehow perfectly functional). Decided to go ahead and pick up a set of JL C2650 components from a local shop today. I figure I can salvage the stock driver's door speakers for now (the guys at the shop were actually moderately surprised at the sound coming out of them), throw the 6.5's in the rear doors and then put the tweeters in the dash.

Got a friend who knows his **** coming over this weekend to help me out with the install (since I've never attempted anything like this before). Basically, I just want to get SOMETHING in there for now to improve sound quality, and also learn a bit and get more comfortable with it all. Once I get a feel for how things are done, and how to work with the different components, then I'll start working my way up into bigger and better things. As of right now, my next purchase is going to be either a Pioneer AVH-P3200BH or AVH-P2400BT for my HU. Definitely want a double din (touchscreen+bluetooth/handsfree calling+back-up cam are all things I want). Any input on the HU is appreciated. Keep in mind, I'm not going to have an external amp for a few months...but that will be coming after the HU.

Get the 3200. I've seen a lot of people with them and no one has a complaint. They are amazing hu's and you won't be disappointed.

If you don't mind me asking, why'd you go with jl speakers?

Get the 3200. I've seen a lot of people with them and no one has a complaint. They are amazing hu's and you won't be disappointed.
If you don't mind me asking, why'd you go with jl speakers?
Yeah, I was reading a lot of good things about the 3200.

The reason I got the JL's was because I don't know enough to make an informed decision on speakers yet...so I just pulled the trigger and bought something to at least test the waters. It's going to be a giant leap from my stock speakers, which is at least a step in the right direction.

welcome to the club. i have a 2002 gmc envoy SLE. not the 3rd row seat version u have tho.

easy car to work around. but its a bYtch to run that 1/0awg.

I'm going to leave the third row in for now, due solely to the fact that I don't anticipate going balls to the wall with subs for quite a while...at least not until I'm comfortable enough with all the other components of the system. Probably going to start off with a stealth box so I can get an idea. This initial build is probably going to be pretty unconventional and mildly retarded until I actually understand what I'm doing.

Basically, I'd rather **** up low-end equipment instead of expensive stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.