2003 Chevy Trailblazer EXT LT - Car audio noob

Steelcore
10+ year member

Ohio
Hey guys,

Alright so I've never messed with car audio in my life. I just bought this beast of an SUV and the factory speakers are actually decent...but I've never had a system and I'm wanting to delve into that world a bit. Essentially, I have no clue what I'm looking for and I'm hoping to get some ideas from people who are more familiar with the equipment.

My first upgrade is going to be speakers. No clue what to get, but I know that speakers are going to be the biggest part of increased sound quality. After that, planning on getting the receiver, then the subs/amp/etc.

I'm wanting to go with a double-din receiver with bluetooth capability for audio/hands free calling. Those are the only things I specifically want. Anything else, I don't really know what's good or bad.

Space is obviously not a factor. I was pretty much planning on turning the entire storage area behind the third row seats into a cabinet.

So any ideas on specifics, brands, etc? I'm open to any and all ideas. I'd like to start the process within the next month or so...I just don't wanna end up buying junk.

for subs you may wanna look into FI audio & ascendent audio & DC audio & sundown audio for amps DC audio sundown audio crescendo audio rockford fosgate kicker hifonics for components jl audio rockford fosgate focal boston acoustics & herts for processors audiocontrol do research and just go with what ever you like but the brands i told you those are the ones you see here and for rcas try kicker & rockford fosgate and for 0 gauge too and do forget your budget this hobbie is expensive

kool well i like FI for SUBS and rockford fosgate for amps and kicker for wires meaning 0 gauge RCAs and speaker wire rockford fosgate is good too batteries XS POWER & KINETIK are good and DC POWER for ALTERNATOR is the best and for processors audiocontrol those brands are american made and high end stuff anything else you wanna know??

i used to be in clothes and shoes and jewelry. but decided to spend my money im car audio now lol

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

kool well i like FI for SUBS and rockford fosgate for amps and kicker for wires meaning 0 gauge RCAs and speaker wire rockford fosgate is good too batteries XS POWER & KINETIK are good and DC POWER for ALTERNATOR is the best and for processors audiocontrol those brands are american made and high end stuff anything else you wanna know??

i used to be in clothes and shoes and jewelry. but decided to spend my money im car audio now lol

i see ypu have a trailblazer if it was me ill do for BASS 2 FI BTL N2 18s custom made subs to your specs and a 13 cubic feet box ported tuned at 32Hz or so and 2 rockford fosgate t2500 bdcp then some focal or jl audio components and the rockford fosgate t1000.4 adcp and a audiocontrol processor and 3 xs power d3100 batteries and 2 runs of 0 gauge positive and negative and a DC POWER ALTERNATOR got **** thats going to BUMP LOUD lol

I just want to say Welcome! Lots of people on here love build logs, and i happen to be one of them. You live in Ohio, and there are plenty of Audio related shows and competitions being held close to you a couple of times a year. Before I would buy anything, I would recommend you listen to some of the other successful audio enthusiasts and see what sounds best to you and go from there. i would never recommend putting equipment into a vehicle you haven't heard of personally.

Check out, MECA and USACI and see if you have any shows coming up, and go check out some other people's equipment. You would be surprised how one thing sounds good to one person, and it sounds horrible to another. I hope i helped you some!

so you saying i feeding him BS ????
WTF? I've won World Championships, if I say the sky's red, it's red. But I didn't. I suggested he take a listen to equipment before he spent money on something and find out later he doesn't like it. Have you added up the amount of money of the equipment you told him to buy? Thousands of thousands of dollars. You have no other reason for suggesting the equipment you did because it's some brands you know. Audio is much more than nutt-huggin brands.

But in actuality, you didn't really suggest crappy equipment, but I don't see why you would suggest those. There are a lot of hours spent measuring, planning and remeasuring, and some of the equipment might not turn out to be something that will work (depending on many factors).

I think you can be an asset to this forum, but you need to ask more questions, be more specific. He has the potential to have a system he can be proud of. Help him out, and maybe make a friend in the meantime too.

I rock some of the same stuff, we all do. Some products do meet the needs better than others though. I wonder what type of music the OP listens to. I wonder what type of engine in the Trailblazer(the 350 vortec can support more electrical components and the upgraded alternator costs less to buy than the smaller V8's or V6. I wonder what types of expectations he has with his audio ambitions. When I was younger, I loved a totally different sound than I do now. I honestly don't think I could reproduce the sound I like now with the equipment I used to rock.

But all in all, I wouldn't get my money back, you have the equipment you need for your ride, and it probably sounds really good CHRIS323.

yes it does sound really good the audiocontrol DQXS is by far the best digital eq / crossover in the market the features it has are wonderful but i think the new fosgate 3sixty.3 is going to beat it lol i need to set the gain correctly with no distortion my DQXS got messed up but audiocontrol is going to replace the circuitry board at no cost and the customer service i got with audiocontrol is the best ever really great people they go the extra mile to help you out so im glad i bought audiocontrol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.