2002 V6 accord...how much....

Participant count
  • Participant list

michaellane
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
tx
so pretty much i have a stock 2002 V6 accord and i am wondering how many watts (mono and 4ch) can i run in here without adding any extra batts or anything and still get full power out of my amps? i was thinking of doing the audioque ad2200d and a strong 4ch or two bridged 4ch.s like 100-125x4???all info would be appreciated

The site I just checked (not sure on its accuracy) said that the stock alternator is 105A. That means, roughly about 1200W max (upgrade Big 3 of course).

yeah i havent done any kind of upgrades since its still under warranty...what size alt would i need to do around 2000mono amp and like 400 on a 4ch?

With the Audio Que 2200 and another amp, you should look into a better battery and as close to 200 amps as you can get in an alternator! You could go as high as 250 just to play it safe and have some additional capacity to run your vehicle accessories along with your sound system. The only problem is finding HO alternators for Hondas without doing extensive modifications. Well, that is the case with my 1997 Civic whereas HO alternators are a dime a dozen for my 2006 Mustang GT.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.