Citroen Xsara Tweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hoffmann

UK
Hi there,

I own a Citroen Xsara HDI from 2001 (not Picasso) and have recently replaced the front speakers with a pair of Alpine SXE-1725S.

I managed to fit the speakers in about 45min or so but as soon as I turned on the radio I noticed there was something very wrong: the tweeters now overpower my new speakers and it just doesn't sound right.

My questions are:

1) Can the tweeters be replaced? I took a look at them and the covers seem to be builtin to the dashboard. Haven't tried forcing them out though.

2) Given the Alpine speakers I fitted, what tweeters would you recommend me?

Thanks much!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.