2002 Mustang Stock System Acting Up

Participant count
  • Participant list

bbal100

A few days after replacing my factory head unit with a kenwood unit, a weird buzzing sound started coming out from the back of the car. It stops when you disconnect the RCAs from the deck so I assume it's the stock sub. The whole system is stock besides the head unit. Weird part is that the sound goes away when you pull up the handbrake or turn on the headlights. Though when the engine is on, the sound doesn't go away completely when you engage handbrake/turn on headlights. I've taken it to futureshop and the guy tried installing a sound filter but nothing helped any help is greatly appreciated.

Here's a video of the sound coming on/off:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Nice, well I think they will blow away anything you have running on your puter for sure. I've had good luck with the NVX components, hard to beat...
I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra GXE and I've never found one. The loc is the next best option
Could not tell you, but you may want to start by going to crutchfield and get a consensus on the 7 or so replacements they recommend. That average...
Might not even be an issue if you don't have any really big panels on it. Otherwise dowels or threaded rod across your wide panels would be the...
I ordered the car with the upgraded B&O audio system....turn's out Ford bought the name but they didn't buy the quality. The system ****** to me...

About this thread

bbal100

bbal100
Ontario
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
bbal100