2002 Honda Civic - Up Horsepower??

UltimateWarrior
10+ year member

Non-Human
Ohio
Hey gang,

Does anyone know of some inexpensive mods to increase power to my Civic? It's the EX version with the V-Tech engine. It's a Sedan also. It has pretty good pickup now but I know it could be better. It's an automatic though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Well, just thought I'd ask. I don't want to spend too much though. Maybe a couple hundred bucks I have to work with. Again, if it won't be something I'd even notice then it might not be worth it. I do drive over 100 miles a day so anything to increase my fuel efficiency would then probably be worth it!

Thanks!

well the basic mods that people do is intake, headers, exhaust

and for a couple hundred bucks you can get a cold air intake.

for free you can retard ignition timing to get more low end power, or advance it for more power higher up.

Hey gang,
Does anyone know of some inexpensive mods to increase power to my Civic? It's the EX version with the V-Tech engine. It's a Sedan also. It has pretty good pickup now but I know it could be better. It's an automatic though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
230190508.jpg

Oh $hit thats fast.

You could just loosen the muffler belt and chip the headlight capacitor manifold so it doesnt draw as much juice. The muffler belt being loose will cause it to slip at high RPM so the motor isn't driving it all the time.

A big tachometer helps as well, because the kenetic energy in the big needle moving helps with low end grunt. That is why most people have really big ones. Also, aftermarket spoilers and graphics make the car accelerate, look, handle and drive better, as well as keep the police away.

Well, there is essentially nothing wrong with Civics, they're efficient, decent cars. It's the fact that flaming idiots tend to be behind the wheel of them.

Increase the horsepower by making the exhaust and intake flow better, get the head ported and polished on your engine, and put on a mild cam. About 1000 bucks of work, maybe 40-50 ponies. You will also get better gas mileage. Or drive like a granny until you save enough money to buy a stage 3 turbo.

there are probably over 10 million civics on the road...there is NO WAY they will become "the next 69 camaro" when was the last time you saw a muscle car with an aluminum wing, vertical doors, and halo headlights...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.