2002 accord rca help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fosgate-Kid
10+ year member

Well here is my problem i have just bought my girlfriend her first system and hooking it up may be a problem. She of course does not want to give up the stock 6-disk cd changer, and i am hoping a praying that it will have RCAs. Is it goin to have stock a rca out and if it dont what will be the easiest way to to hook this amp up.

the only car I ever saw in 5 years of installing that had RCA's in a stock unit was an Isuzu trooper, the stock unit will not have them, but you do have a few options. You can add an aftermarket head unit, but it would have to be the old school alpine M-bus radios, the changer is an alpine M-bus. Or you can use one of the high level to low level adapters and parallel off of the speaker wire outputs to get a low level output (RCA) that would allow you to run an amp, but if you are doing anything but subs with it, you will most likely get noise. Best bet is to buy a new HU and changer setup if she really wants it that bad, and just put the new changer in the stock location.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.