2001 Silverado Ext. Cab, suggestions wanted!

Participant count
  • Participant list

05AztecRed
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tempe, AZ
Have been out of the game for awhile, but want to put a 'decent' system in my new(to me) 2500HD.

Unfortunately the rear seat has to be folded down due to a baby seat, but that just means I can get a little creative.

I generally listen to rap, r&b, hip hop, techno, electronica, some country so I need some subs that can encompass all of that. I don't want deep shattering bass, but enough that I can turn the volume up and have the bass be right there.

Currently have a cheap JVC head unit, but will be updating that soon too. I know I will need to build a box, which I can do, but I'm not sure which subs/amp combo I should go with. I still have a set of Phoenix Gold subs and amps that I used in my previous build years ago, but don't know if the brand is any good anymore.

Looking forward to the suggestions, and the build process!

Budget of $1000-$1500

Was looking at the JL Audio 10TW3-D4. From my understanding, 1 of these paired with the right amp and enclosure would be enough, and 2 would be pretty good!

Budget of $1000-$1500
Was looking at the JL Audio 10TW3-D4. From my understanding, 1 of these paired with the right amp and enclosure would be enough, and 2 would be pretty good!
I can hook you up with a custom ported for that man. Pm me if you're interested. Done quite a few for that truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.