2001 ford f150 soundqubed build

[quote name='Oaman5']when you search accordion boot the first link is the one I was going to buy from but if I bought 6 feet I think it was the same exact price for 10 feet on amazon lol I'm going to buy mine from Amazon for 55 bucks man pretty decent price. Here's the link man http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IT...rdion+boot&dpPl=1&dpID=41k2vt8VvvL&ref=plSrch

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Btw I'm not going to need that much tbh maybe like 5 feet in all if you want to buy some from that's left over let me know[/QUOTE]

Thanks man I appreciate it! I think I'll need more than 5 feet but thanks for the offer! My cutout is 34" wide and 8" tall so I'll probably need like 7-8 feet.

I'm honestly not sure about how big to cut the hole. I was young at the time and didn't trust myself so I had the audio shop do it that built the box. Sorry man! I know there are some guys that have done blow throughs on here. Hopefully they will chime in and help. I think @CSCStang has a blow through but I'm not sure if he used a boot??

[quote name='BoogerMan']Thanks man I appreciate it! I think I'll need more than 5 feet but thanks for the offer! My cutout is 34" wide and 8" tall so I'll probably need like 7-8 feet.

I'm honestly not sure about how big to cut the hole. I was young at the time and didn't trust myself so I had the audio shop do it that built the box. Sorry man! I know there are some guys that have done blow throughs on here. Hopefully they will chime in and help. I think @CSCStang has a blow through but I'm not sure if he used a boot??[/QUOTE]
Cut the hole about 2" wider than the od of the port all the way around for wiggle room. Yes I do use accordion boots (can be bought at most camper shell outlets). Op, the more square the port is the better for airflow. Keep in mind that the cabin and bed floors typically don't line up even so make sure you know exactly where to cut before you do. Use black silicone to seal up the boot on each side as well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Cut the hole about 2" wider than the od of the port all the way around for wiggle room. Yes I do use accordion boots (can be bought at most camper shell outlets). Op, the more square the port is the better for airflow. Keep in mind that the cabin and bed floors typically don't line up even so make sure you know exactly where to cut before you do. Use black silicone to seal up the boot on each side as well.
Thanks for helping out man!

Quick question that might help out the OP.

Is the cutout on your truck completely square or did you round the corners? Seems like the boot would be easier to install if the corners were round? But then make the port square like you said and just fill in any gaps near the corners with silicone?

Thanks for helping out man!
Quick question that might help out the OP.

Is the cutout on your truck completely square or did you round the corners? Seems like the boot would be easier to install if the corners were round? But then make the port square like you said and just fill in any gaps near the corners with silicone?
The cut out can benefit from the edges being a little rounded cause it's tough getting that boot to square off in the corners. What I'm saying about the cut out is low height and large length isn't optimal imo. I silicone the whole perimeter on both sides not just the corners. Hope that helps?

The cut out can benefit from the edges being a little rounded cause it's tough getting that boot to square off in the corners. What I'm saying about the cut out is low height and large length isn't optimal imo. I silicone the whole perimeter on both sides not just the corners. Hope that helps?
Awesome thanks man! That helps me understand more and hopefully it will help the OP out too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. Much appreciated!

This is gonna be loud. I put 4 HDS312s in a 4th blowthrough on 1 AP 3k in a buddy's truck and it's loud but begging for more power.
Oh yeah for sure man if I need another amp I'll sure add it haha stay tuned I'll have a video as soon as it's done man.

Looking good my man. I love seeing f150 builds. I have a 2002 f150 that my system is in, but it's not a blow through lol.

Is your truck extended cab? And what motor? I also use a Mechman 240 amp alternator.

Looking good my man. I love seeing f150 builds. I have a 2002 f150 that my system is in, but it's not a blow through lol.
Is your truck extended cab? And what motor? I also use a Mechman 240 amp alternator.
awesome and thanks man its just a regular cab and 5.4 v8 and yes I will be getting either a 240 amp or 270. 

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

cool. I like to use threaded steel rods with a flat lock and nut on the inside and outside on each wall that's braced. its stupid strong..
Awesome tip will definitely add that to that my box I'm always open to suggestions as I'm new to blowthrough and this is my first big build

And I have a update I just bought 4 new speakers cdt cl 6ex 6.5 coaxs I've heard good stuff about them anyone have any experience? I also had to buy speaker adapters I bought 25 ft of 12 gauge ofc speaker wire, pac lc1 remote knob and another rca cable

awesome and thanks man its just a regular cab and 5.4 v8 and yes I will be getting either a 240 amp or 270.
Good stuff mine is also a single cab, but I have the 4.2 motor. I have a single Fi Q12 behind the seats tuned to 35hz.

Be sure to take lots of pictures! I'm definitely tuned in

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.