2001 ford f150 soundqubed build

Oaman5

Hey guys this is my first big build and I thought it would be nice to show people that they can do what it takes to get loud so here's what I'm going to run: 6 soundqubed hds312s, 2 audiopipe 3ks, all 0 gauge wire, 12 gauge ofc speaker wire, 240 amp mechman alternator, extra batteries already have a stinger spv70, will be adding a very small battery in the back of the truck so i can hook the amps pretty easy becuase the amps will be in the back as well and an xs power 3400, soundqubed pro speakers and tweeters If I need extra batts I'll get them. My name is oren and I'm 20 years old I work at piggly wiggly part time and I don't make alot of money but it's not impossible to do these kind of builds yet it takes time to get everything but like I said not impossible I've been saving up and will continue to save up until I get everything I need. My goal is to hit 155 dbs at least. My box is almost completed all I have left to do is paint the box and put the subs in I bought a green semi gloss paint for soundqubed... I have an extreme addiction with subs and In general car audio my uncle used to own a car audio shop and tbh it runs in the blood the first time I really got hooked is when a friend pulled up and showed me his system it was 4 15s and it really made me where I couldn't breathe at all. That's another goal lol. Anyways I'll have some pics put up tonight and tomorrow. And tbh if it wasn't for my dad this would have never came true he was in construction work for 40 years and he really knows this stuff better than I do I honestly think he's enjoyed it just as much as I have!

Here's my list :

6 soundqubed hds312s 2 ohm subs (already have 2 need 4)

2 audiopipe 3ks (already have one)

Mechman 240 amp alternator

Batteries (already have stinger spv70 will be adding more of course)

Soundqubed pro speakers and tweeters I don't want to add a 4 channel amp so I might just knock the Tweeters off currently have Sony mex5100 radio puts out 45w per channel.

Sound deadener

Accordion boot

Pac lc1 for bass knob to control both amps with one remote

Y adapters

Another rca cable

Crap loads of speakers wire

Lots of screws for subs will be drilling bigger hole to install the subs with bigger screws

And I think that's it i need more I'll add it.

Haha yeah man blow through 4th order yeah I'll have alot more pics up tomorrow on phone right now and it want upload like I want it to yeah I hope it's Loud.

Did you cut up the truck yet where the port will be going through? That made me a little sick when I did it to my truck, people kept telling me it was going to make the bed of the truck very unstable etc. My bed has held up fine the past 8 years so I guess those people were wrong haha.

Did you cut up the truck yet where the port will be going through? That made me a little sick when I did it to my truck, people kept telling me it was going to make the bed of the truck very unstable etc. My bed has held up fine the past 8 years so I guess those people were wrong haha.
Yeah man was a little nervous I drilled holes where the wire could go through the back seat to the bed of the truck luckily there was a hole already in the back seat well a vent thing so I took it out and added something different drilled the holes in it and added but loads of silicone to it will be adding black silicone as well so far no water leaks so that's worked fine. And I added rubber grommets for the 0 gauge wire in the bed of the truck so it's a better fit. I haven't cut out the hole for the port because I'm not ready yet I haven't even got the accordion boot yet but I will. This Friday I'll be buying a 240 amp alternator and a battery.

Yeah man was a little nervous I drilled holes where the wire could go through the back seat to the bed of the truck luckily there was a hole already in the back seat well a vent thing so I took it out and added something different drilled the holes in it and added but loads of silicone to it will be adding black silicone as well so far no water leaks so that's worked fine. And I added rubber grommets for the 0 gauge wire in the bed of the truck so it's a better fit. I haven't cut out the hole for the port because I'm not ready yet I haven't even got the accordion boot yet but I will. This Friday I'll be buying a 240 amp alternator and a battery.
Good deal man! Sounds like you are on the right track!

I'm glad you mentioned the accordion boot. Where are you going to buy yours from? The audio shop that built the blow through for my truck 8 years ago used one as well. It is probably about time to replace it when I redo my truck as I'm guessing they don't last forever, but idk?? Curious where you buy it from just in case I do need to replace mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Thanks in advance!

I'm glad you mentioned the accordion boot. Where are you going to buy yours from? The audio shop that built the blow through for my truck 8 years ago used one as well. It is probably about time to replace it when I redo my truck as I'm guessing they don't last forever, but idk?? Curious where you buy it from just in case I do need to replace mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Thanks in advance!
when you search accordion boot the first link is the one I was going to buy from but if I bought 6 feet I think it was the same exact price for 10 feet on amazon lol I'm going to buy mine from Amazon for 55 bucks man pretty decent price. Here's the link man http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IT6XHPW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1459474962&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=accordion+boot&dpPl=1&dpID=41k2vt8VvvL&ref=plSrch 

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Btw I'm not going to need that much tbh maybe like 5 feet in all if you want to buy some from that's left over let me know

btw how much bigger do you have to cut the hole to make up for the accordion boot?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.