2000 Grand Marquis Build

Nice man, like that floating IA.......only one problem, if you go with the 4th order bandpass, the amp rack is going to have to go, that area is going to be needed for your port. Trust me, I know lol.

there will be alot of false decking to might start on that tommorrow...also we are just gunna do a regular ported box for the 2 15 btl's

Sounds good, friend of mine did (2) BTL 15s in his 02 Crown Vic off a RD 5k and it was ridiculous, I think you will be more than happy.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sounds good, friend of mine did (2) BTL 15s in his 02 Crown Vic off a RD 5k and it was ridiculous, I think you will be more than happy.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
kool i can't wait....how many cuft did he have for each sub? and what was his box tuned too?? i am wanting to hit deep and low so i want it right in the middle ...what should i tune it to?

kool i can't wait....how many cuft did he have for each sub? and what was his box tuned too?? i am wanting to hit deep and low so i want it right in the middle ...what should i tune it to?

He got a box design PWKdesigns, didnt work out like he hoped,...was a single reflex design, looked like a regular ported box in my opinion...

I would suggest for a pair of BTL 15s about 7.5 to 8ft3 net tuned to 33hz, should be exactly what your looking for.

ampwiredup002.jpg

ampwiredup003.jpg

ampwiredup001.jpg

i might change up the wiring just a little but not much ....the paneling will cover up most of the wires

I like the way you've got the amp mounted. Do you have any problems with too much heat in your trunk during the summer times? Here in Texas I can't keep my amp in the trunk with the ridiculous heat. I could only ever get about 2-3 minutes of playtime so I had to move the amp into the cabin to get some A/C.

I like the way you've got the amp mounted. Do you have any problems with too much heat in your trunk during the summer times? Here in Texas I can't keep my amp in the trunk with the ridiculous heat. I could only ever get about 2-3 minutes of playtime so I had to move the amp into the cabin to get some A/C.
dont have it powered up yet ...but i am sure i will have no problem with the heat...i have never had a problem before when i had 4 15's and a kicker 2500.1 shoved in there...put some fans back there and you will be fine..

Looks great man. Keep it up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif
thanks man...i will post pictures in a little while ...on how some of the trim came out...i painted the panel black them put some of this texture stuff on there i love the way it came out...i am also gunna add some blue LED's later down the road

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.