2000 Ford Taurus Dash Kit

Participant count
  • Participant list
Today I pulled my dash kit out of my 2000 Ford Taurus, it's the rectangular shaped one with the 4 holes (2 on each side) that pulls out with a special key. Well I only had one of those keys so while I was taking it out one of the clips broke off. I am going to attempt to gorilla glue it, but I doubt that will hold...my last option was to get another one. BUT the f*****g things cost fifty bucks! I don't need the wiring harness and all I can find is the package deal for fifty and up! I REALLY don't want to have to buy this all over again, is there anywhere I can get just that part? Or maybe something else I could do to secure the deck?

HEY! I've got a scosche kit for that car. What exactly broke? If it's the metal clip, you can get one at a junkyard... Otherwise I'll sell you mine lol

Also a tip: don't try and use the tools to remove it.. Reach your arm behind the dash from under the steering wheel and disconnect the clips
@stevknd2 ;

[quote name='Tenacious.']HEY! I've got a scosche kit for that car. What exactly broke? If it's the metal clip, you can get one at a junkyard... Otherwise I'll sell you mine lol

Also a tip: don't try and use the tools to remove it..( REACH YOUR ARM BEHIND THE DASH )from under the steering wheel and disconnect the clips
@stevknd2 ;[/QUOTE]

This ^^^^ makes life so simple

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.