$200 budget

thats fair

ideal? really? youd suggest that over a good box for a far better sub and a decent amp? Best suggestion is custom box (DIY), decent 12 or 15 and a decent amp if youre wanting to stay around $200 
If you are dead set on a $200 budget the Blaupunkts are the best bang for your buck. Of course there are better subs out there but that means ditching the $200 budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
im just making sure that youre saying that youd suggest those over a sub like the AB XD both in boxes built to their specific specs
I would still take the AB XDs over the Blaupunkts when a super low budget is not a limiting factor.

The Blaupunkts model very closely to the XDs and are a great value in terms of performance. They will hang with subs upwards of 4X their cost.

When comparing subs under $100, I would rank the Blaupunkts as #3, behind the AB XD and Sundown E bstock. #4 would be the Cerwin Vega V series. All perform very similar in a burp or daily box. 

If you can't tell, I have spent extensive time researching all of these and others in search of the loudest and best performing sub under $100.

I would still take the AB XDs over the Blaupunkts when a super low budget is not a limiting factor.

The Blaupunkts model very closely to the XDs and are a great value in terms of performance. They will hang with subs upwards of 4X their cost.

When comparing subs under $100, I would rank the Blaupunkts as #3, behind the AB XD and Sundown E bstock. #4 would be the Cerwin Vega V series. All perform very similar in a burp or daily box. 

If you can't tell, I have spent extensive time researching all of these and others in search of the loudest and best performing sub under $100.
it does sound like you have done your research man!! and im glad i went with the AB XD!! :)

it does sound like you have done your research man!! and im glad i went with the AB XD!! :)
Yea, I'm building a house and getting ready for marriage, I don't have wads to throw at electrical upgrades to run big amps. I'm all about doing the most with the least. When I get my tax refund I'll be swapping XD10s in place of my Sundown Es and halving amp power to get down to street 1 class in MECA. 

why only 593? the last time i had a car i owned metered was a VERY long time ago, been in metered cars more recently tho
Pressure classes are determined by cone area in sq inches plus actual clamped power. 2 10s = 157sq inches plus 593w clamped makes 750. There were a few people doing 145-147 in street 1. Not sure about what vehicle and equipment they were using but a decent score is feasible. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.