3 SD-3 12 vs 2 SA 10s ported

Participant count
  • Participants list

KiaSoul10

CarAudio.com Newbie
Good day I would like to know which setup would be louder and have great sq kind of equally  3 SD3 12s or 2 SA 10s ported? I know one setup is sealed and one is ported but I would like to know hear some opinions. I'll be running a Orion xtr 2500.1d. 

Ok if there tune to perfect spec. (3.0cu.ft for the 3 sd3 and the 2 sa10s tune to 2.0cu.ft 35hz)Which one would come out on top?

The SD-3 is an underhung design, it should have lower distortion than the SA's. (3) 12's vs (2) 10's you're giving up a lot of cone area...not sure if the additional gain of being ported will make up the difference in output. The SD-3 12's also have a lower FS...you could port them as well, but tune at a lower freq if you're looking for extended low-end.

I was considering the 12 sd3 because I really want to do 12s in my car but I know i can't fit 2 sa12s in the trunk so I said I'll think about going with the 3 12 sd3's being that they ain't to deep or 2 sa 10s. I am looking for a setup that goes low has sq and I want I it be loud. I was looking at the u12 also. What do you guys think about to u12? Playing with L40×d15×h13 in the trunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.