(2) Zed Hifonics Zeus Gen VII Need Repair

GeekSquad
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a pair of Hifonic Zeus Gen VII that are in need of repair. I let the phone to Zed Audio ring for 30 minutes straight, but no answer. Chris at Db-r is Super cool, but what do you guys think? What (reputable) company should I contact to repair these?

If pics would be helpful, I can download some when I get home today.

I would get them to ZED. Db-r is cool, when zed toys are involved I like sending them back to the man. Even though I have my amp tech here, we still send ZED back to ZED when we can.

Those are nice amps BTW one of the few amps I sold and regretted it..and never bought another.

I have a pair of Hifonic Zeus Gen VII that are in need of repair. I let the phone to Zed Audio ring for 30 minutes straight, but no answer. Chris at Db-r is Super cool, but what do you guys think? What (reputable) company should I contact to repair these?
If pics would be helpful, I can download some when I get home today.

Zed Audio is in California, If anyone is there outside of business hours it'll be hit or miss that they answer (though I've got answers at odd times). You would do best to call in the afternoon Eastern time. Also Stephen is generally running around like a madman on Mondays and you may even do better waiting til tomorrow.

Stephen does a LOT of restorations on the older Hifonics. There's still guys that only run VII and VIII hifonics. Db-R is trustworthy for sure, but I think if you wanted those amps really tightened up running better than they did when they were made, you should send them to Stephen for restoration.

And yeah, Zeus are amazing amps (particulary in their day...but no slouch even now!) Why take chances with something that scarce and nice?

I just emailed Stephen, but completely forgot about small things like time zones. I actually have three of these. One still works, but the other two need some assistance.

I was thinking the same thing about Zed. I very definitely want them to be the only company inside these amps and am encouraged that I forgot about the time zone. For a minute, I was thinking that another American legend had bitten the dust.

Anyone want to see pics before I get them boxed up?

What strikes me is the seemingly high number of mosfets, but with a fairly small set of capacitors. They were only rated for 600 watts rms at 4 ohm stereo and 900 watts rms at 2 ohm stereo, but the sound was just tremendous.

If you are unable to send them to ZED, contact Audio Clinic at 805 390-0119 and ask for Mike Nichols.

Mike was a Hifonics engineer back then with ZED and has an amplifier repair shop.

I spoke with Stephen of Zed Audio yesterday and will be sending them off tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who chimed in with advice!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Yep.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.