Who Can Repair a Pair of AudioPipe AQX 3500.1s (aka RD Audio 3250)

GeekSquad
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have an Audiopipe AQX 3500.1s that is blown and out of warranty coverage. I have had two of them and they both did the same thing, but at different times: They spontaneously emitted a large, scary cracking sound (anyone who has ever accidentally shorted a battery with a wrench knows what I'm talking about) and then proceeded to issue dense yellow-ish smoke from the vents. Neither amp was playing at the time it blew and, in fact, had just powered on. No music; just power, ground, and remote.

At the time of their deaths, both amps were hooked up to 2.9 and 2.7 ohm resistive loads, with 15.2 volt idle off of a 300 amp Ohio Generators Alternator, one large Interstate, and Three (3) Optima Red Top Batteries.

David Thornton of Audiopipe has been less than helpful, even to the point of appearing biasied against servicing their product. Currently, I am stuck looking at a very large paper weight. Who has experience repairing these cheap Chinese amplifier boards, and how may I contact them? One thing is for sure: After this, NO MORE AUDIOPIPE FOR ME!

FTW, if anyone else has had problems with the AUDIOPIPE version of this board, please come in and share your experiences in this post.

I'm raising the //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif. Audiopipes don't just burn up, they're better than that.

I've never heard of this issue either. But I wouldn't trust anyone with my amps other than Chris at Db-r
I'd go there before my place as I don't personally have experience with them.

I gotta admit, chris is pretty cool and is a straight shooter when it comes to stuff. Hell there is a guy here locally that fixes amps and i'd still take it to chris first.

steve at ampmedics is just as good as chris, guy knows what he is doing. Never had any issues with any of his work. very thorough and will tell you straight up if he doesn't want to touch the board. Him and chris are in constant talks. steve is willing to work on fosgates, kickers, mmats, etc. where chris now strictly deals with zenon boards. Steve is the authorized repair guy of crescendo, american bass, and addictive audio. Chris and steve are the only guys i would ever use but i mainly use steve as he is local and I love getting a lesson every time i stop by his place.

steve at ampmedics is just as good as chris, guy knows what he is doing. Never had any issues with any of his work. very thorough and will tell you straight up if he doesn't want to touch the board. Him and chris are in constant talks. steve is willing to work on fosgates, kickers, mmats, etc. where chris now strictly deals with zenon boards. Steve is the authorized repair guy of crescendo, american bass, and addictive audio. Chris and steve are the only guys i would ever use but i mainly use steve as he is local and I love getting a lesson every time i stop by his place.
do you ever get a reach around? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I talked to Chris the last couple of days, and I have to agree that he is a great person to talk to when it comes to fixing amps. It was via him that I found out that these are exactly the same as the ill-fated RD Audio 3250. Needless to say, he wont touch them with a 10 foot soldering iron...

Yeah I need to get my Atomic 5kw fixed, its got a really weird problem (goes into protect for no reason, randomly and still will do over 150 db...lulz)....I need to sell it, im not even using it anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.