2 type S or 1 type R

Personally I would go with the Type S pair over the single Type R(assuming we're talking about the newest version of each). The new Type S series are underhung and are designed more for SQ than output. The Type R is overhung and designed for high output. The Type S states 18mm xmax(x2 for 2 drivers = 36mm worth of cone displacement) VS the Type R at 20mm.

So for me SQ oriented and considerably more output...win goes to the Type S. Only drawback would be larger enclosure. Just my opinion.

the type s will get louder from cone area, but if you ever plan on upgrading in the future, you can always add another type R, They do fine on 600 rms and many ppl have a hard on for them in craigslist, you can always sell to upgrade. No one likes type S subs so your pretty much stuck with a dirt cheap price tag if you want to sell them.

I dont know about throwing 600wrms to a new type r. I put 2.5k through my pair of 10's daily and they love it. If space is not a concern I would do the pair of s. It would sound cleaner and be louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.