Subwoofer suddenly jumps levels? Help please!

thefreeman1212

Canada
Firstly I want to say I am a noob at wiring, but trying to learn.

I bought the car used, with the stereo and all already installed. They also tried to install LEDs, but the wiring was so terribly done that it was creating interference with the console (not very important, but I am guessing it can be a wiring issue with how it was before.)

So the problem is: I have the subwoofer level set to 0 on the console. The sub is not loud, which is should not be. Then randomly, the sub gets very loud, similar to when it is on max. I do not touch the console or anything. Sometimes it will drop back to normal after several minutes, sometimes it stays there and I have to bring the level to -9 to get it the same as it was at 0.

I have no idea what it could be!

This is my setup:

10"(12"?) kicker subwoofer (1200w i believe)

JL Audio JX360/4 Amp

JL G-Max 1200w Class D Sub Amp

JVC KW-AVX640 Console

Music from iPod via USB

Any help would be appreciated, as I do not really know what I am doing! Thanks!

Your ground is bad on the amp or the amp is on its way out close to death //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif...

try testing with a cd. sometimes different music on the ipod will give you different output volumes depending on the quality of the recording.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.