2 Sundown SA-12's or 1 Sundown X 12?

The one x in the proper ported box would work wonders, but the 2 sa's in the proper box would also be impresive. Depends on how much space you are willing to sacrifice for your ultimate goals. The one x could thrive in less space than the 2 in a larger ported enclosure. My next set will be 2 rf t2 12's, going to be giving up all of my hatch area though. Have you listened to the x on that amp yet? May just be all you need.

I have listened to it. I'm very impressed especially from what I came from (idmax 12) more output and yes it absolutely destroys the lows..just wish it would hit some of the higher stuff to because I also listen to electronic dance music and country not just rap lol but I read the disclaimer before I got the sub so that's on me. I'm still VERY pleased though. I've ran so many single sub setups recently that I wanted to go back to two 12s possibly but I just didn't know how much of a difference I could expect with 2 sa 12s.. space really isn't an issue but the lighter weight of one sub and a smaller box (2.5 @ 32Hz) is nice...

I still have it. I'm looking to sell actually. I had it in the 2.5 32hz box and it just didn't get loud enough or hit as low as the X does..it however was alot more musical.

So the idmax should hit just as low as a sundown x!? And I know I could try a different box I'm just trying to figure out what would be a better system...1 1250 rms X vs 2 600 rms sa 12s on the same 1200 1 ohm amp. I still don't believe that the x should get just as loud and low as the X... can anyone else vouch for this?

1200rms...I wanna give it more but I'm on stock 140 amp alt, with upgraded battery and big 3...I really wanna run the saz 1500

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

And will I notice that big of a difference in 2 hz?

1200rms...I wanna give it more but I'm on stock 140 amp alt, with upgraded battery and big 3...I really wanna run the saz 1500 

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

And will I notice that big of a difference in 2 hz?
in a sense, its only a little different yet, it makes a big enough impact that you will notice when the low-lows drop.

You should be fine running that saz1500, I have the v3 of that amp, on a agm under the hood, big 3 in 1/0g, plus 1/0g power and ground, and I am pleased with the output. I do plan to add either a second batt and or h/o alt in the near future. My oem alt is 130amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.