Hds3 15" to hdc 15"

I have 2 Hds3 15" subs and I was wondering if I would need to bore out my cutouts on my enclosure to fit either hdc 3 or hdc 4 15's in them and also would the screw holes match up? The reason I am asking is because I want to upgrade but I do not want to start completely from scratch because my box is perfect for the hdc's 9cubes net after displacement at 30hz

hey I am in Boca Raton as well

as mentioned what is the cutout size on your box

what are the 2 cut out sizes of the two drivers and the mounting depth of both

specs should be on the website

hey I am in Boca Raton as well
as mentioned what is the cutout size on your box

what are the 2 cut out sizes of the two drivers and the mounting depth of both

specs should be on the website
Hds3 15" - Mounting Depth 8.25"

Circle Cutout 13 11/16"

hdc3 15" - depth 8.875 cutout 14.0625

hdc4 15" - depth 8 1/8 cutout 13 3/4

hoping hdc 3 will work out because the price on the 4's is up there lol

rounded file will work, will just take some effort. Otherwise dremel or die grinder with a sanding roll.

Or just get the HDC4's and more power....I run a few of the HDC4's, nice subs and they get loud....

rounded file will work, will just take some effort. Otherwise dremel or die grinder with a sanding roll.
Or just get the HDC4's and more power....I run a few of the HDC4's, nice subs and they get loud....
but even with the hdc 4's, wouldnt I still need to change the cutouts? and yeah my buddy have 2 hdc 18's, donno if they 4 or 3's but they get loud and low.. and each would be seeing around 2500-2700 rms..is that being fair to the subs or will they be asking for more

power?

just relooked at the specs of the hdc 4's, would only have to bore out like 8th inch or so..that is looking like the better choice to me now + They're monsters

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Stevenajpvv
Boca Raton, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
mlstrass
fixed.jpg