2 subwoofers, 4 channel amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

CocaineOnTheCob

CarAudio.com Newbie
Tldr 2*4ohm subs wired into 1*4ohm bridged amp

Hello all, I have bought 2 12 inch sub woofers (JL Audio 12W3v3-4) and want to hook them up to my 4 channel amplifier (alpine S-A32F)

My amplifier currently runs my front speakers only and I want to use the 3/4 channels bridged to power my subwoofers, however the amp states bridged will be in 4ohms rms 160w.

But the subs are wired in parallel therefore their impedance is only 2ohms. Can I still run my subs from the amplifier or will I need an additional unit?

Thanks

Last edited:
But the subs are wired in parallel therefore their impedance is only 2ohms. Can I still run my subs from the amplifier or will I need an additional unit?
Best bet is to use one sub per rear channel. Even though it gives the least power, it will be the safest option for the amplifier. It may sound good, if not, you can always upgrade to a mono amp in the future.

As stated .. you can run one sub on Ch 3 and One sub on Ch 4 of which will be in Stereo Mode @4ohms. You can Bridge ch 3 and 4 and run a single sub@ 4 ohms Bridged. If you want to run more power and use both subs to a final 2 ohm mono load .. you will need to purchase a mono amplifier that is 1,or 2 ohm stable. Power is pretty cheap these days and there are some Sales going on that you may be able to find a great deal on a decent Mono amplifier. CT Sounds have some really nice amps for the money that you may take a look at and see when a Sale hits soon. Ive been happy with mine thus far

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...