2 Space 15's + ??

when you used the multimeter...was there any other wires connected to it..i find it weird that the sticker says two ohms and youre reading 4. either the reading was wrong or the sticker was

Well to be honest i would trust the sticker... It was put on there when the things were made. There's always user error with the multimeter. Anyway i contacted Vibe and they said that it is indeed 2ohm DVC's.

So i'm looking for an amp that will provide around 600wRMS to each sub... So that would be 1 x 1200 if i'm correct. I would like to keep it all Vibe, but looking at the BlackDeath Bass 1 amp, 700 quid is just a bit out of my reach. The Space Bass 1 looks good if wired at 1ohm?

I would snap those up, but i'm from the UK you see :/ will be slightly awkward to send them over here.

I'm being quite tempted by the Alpine MRP-M2000... This will power the subs each 200 short of what they ideally want, but it's a lot cheaper than the BlackDeath amp. Has anyone used this? Anyone know how it would compare to other amps?

well its worth a shot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif im sure it wont be 700 to the uk. but ive used an alpine amp before..it was 1000wrms at 2 ohm...good amp

Yeah, but then again i'll almost definitely be hit with import duty or whatever it's called, then having it held at customs until it's cleared etc lol.

It's quite a dialemma for me - I want them to be fully powered, but i don't want the massive price! I know i can't escape that, but i could use something cheaper for now? I've seen videos on youtube of people running Slick A7's to power them! Maybe i'll get something a little smaller until i can afford a beasty Alpine one?

before buying anything, you really need to b2 100% sure of the ohms of your voice coils. this will be one o0f the main factors in buying your amp. if you can fin the actual model number that would help determine the ohms of the voice coils. if not take a sub out of the box and wire the DMM directly to one of the voice coils. if you measure around 2 ohms you have a dual 2, if you measure around 4 its a dual 4 ohm sub. also i have looked @ the specs of the subs, considering they "say" they are 1200rms then state a max of 3600 i would out too much power to them. i would shop for an amp that does around 1000 rms, ignore all these max wattage's as they are BS.

Well to be honest i'm just looking for something that won't be a mile off with regards to powering them. 2000rms per channel is a pretty figure, but ideally i don't want them being powered any less than half their RMS rating.

I did email Vibe and they said i've got dual 2 ohm VC's, and since it also said this on the box, i think that's right. I may have used the multimeter in series?

Well to be honest i'm just looking for something that won't be a mile off with regards to powering them. 2000rms per channel is a pretty figure, but ideally i don't want them being powered any less than half their RMS rating.

I did email Vibe and they said i've got dual 2 ohm VC's, and since it also said this on the box, i think that's right. I may have used the multimeter in series?

well..to really know for sure...unplg everything from the sub...and then take the dmm thats set to read load.. the omega sign in...and put the red on the positive and the black on the negative and get a reading...then touch the red and black of the dmm to see if it reads 0

Sweet will do, thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anyways, assuming (for now) that they're 2ohm DVCs, the Alpine MRP-M2000 looks just the amp for these subs without the wallet-**** that is the BlackDeath amp! Looks impressive on both 2 and 4 ohms.

to me they don't look like they can take 1200 watts but i have no experience with them to say for sure. I would just get the Alpine mrp 2000 cause it does 2000 at 2 ohms and thats about what you need

Yeeahh something along those lines //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Still going to need to build a nuclear power station to power the things though. Currently i'm on single standard battery, standard alternator, standard gauge wiring....... lol, The Big Three need doing don't they :p

Right i had the two subs out earlier today... They both definitely have 2 2ohm voice coils each - i had the multimeter across both coils and always read around 2. It read about 0.2 when touching the needles together.

So yeah, looking for the best amp for wiring @ 2 ohms! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.