2 sa 8 v2s in f150

Participant count
  • Participant list

SAZCLASSD
10+ year member

"Ballin' Aint A Problem"
I will be using 2 sundown sa 8 v2s on a saz1500. I'm trying to build a box under the seat with the subs facing foward ported in a f150 supercrew. Seen a couple boxes on youtube, but just wondering if anyone has anything on here they have done similar to this setup. Looking to have 1 cu ft. of air space after woofer displacement with around 16-18 sq. inches of port area. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

It's looking like raising the seat is going to be involved. Are those plans for subs being mounted under the seat facing up, down, or firing forward?

Those 8's need 2" from the outer baffle to the floor for excursion if you fire them down. Here's the enclosure I'm doing now for the same sub.
That box looks nice man. I'm going to try and fire the subs forward toward the front seats. It's going to be tough designing it to get them to fit bc of the space and how the seats are bracketed and bolted down, but I'm up for the challenge lol.

Looking to see what u end up doing. Im planning a 2000 f150 2 vfl's 8's but waiting to re-up my money after the hoildays
I've seen a lot of good ideas. I know I'm going to have to raise the seat. Ford just gives us no room in these trucks for subs to be put in them. Ill keep you posted on what i come up with.

I have a 2006 ford f-150 and am facing a similar dilemma. In my truck I can squeeze out about 8.5-9" on the front face if I extend a bit past the seat without a lift. Couple inches at most past the front of the seat. I plan to start my build soon. Maybe we can all help each other. I am only running a single 8 ported or two sealed on the drivers side only.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.