2 SA-12s or 1 AQ HDC4?

Sound different how? I run an HDC4 18 daily and play pretty much everything but rap and it sounds very good. Puts up decent numbers also for a trunk set up...
idk... I just feel like it get's sloppy at 15+ .... but I dont really know that as a fact. Just hard for me to wrap my head around how it doesnt get sloppy/slower.

I understand that it has to do with box size mainly... it's just... hard to think how a larger woofer can play at the same accuracy as a smaller one.

idk... I just feel like it get's sloppy at 15+ .... but I dont really know that as a fact. Just hard for me to wrap my head around how it doesnt get sloppy/slower.
I understand that it has to do with box size mainly... it's just... hard to think how a larger woofer can play at the same accuracy as a smaller one.

Larger subs have a higher mms, which is why people think they play more "sloppy". However, mms has very little to no effect on how "sloppy" a sub sounds.

If the motor strength is there to control the sub and box is built right you would never know the difference.

I think that rumor started cuz people were using junk subs and putting them in way too small enclosures so they were peaky and sounded like *** on music...

Larger subs have a higher mms, which is why people think they play more "sloppy". However, mms has very little to no effect on how "sloppy" a sub sounds.
Could you do a simple explanation of what mms is and what it means to me?

If the motor strength is there to control the sub and box is built right you would never know the difference.
I think that rumor started cuz people were using junk subs and putting them in way too small enclosures so they were peaky and sounded like *** on music...
That's good to know. Thanks

If space isnt an issue get the 2 sa's
I have the whole back of a station wagon to use up. Shouldnt be a problem.

Not even a question. 2 sa 12's done right will kill 1 hdc4. If you have the space get the sa's.
Will the 2 SAs get lower than the 1 hdc4?

I agree with getting the 2 12's. Good luck getting warranty service from audioque.
Warranty is something I had not thought about. Thanks for bringing that up.

Could you do a simple explanation of what mms is and what it means to me?
mms is the moving mass. It really doesn't mean much by itself. It is just one parameter. It is just the main reason the rumor started about larger subs being sloppy, because there is more mass to move and they can't possibly respond as fast. The entire myth is untrue.

oops

mms is the moving mass. It really doesn't mean much by itself. It is just one parameter. It is just the main reason the rumor started about larger subs being sloppy, because there is more mass to move and they can't possibly respond as fast. The entire myth is untrue.
ah. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.