2 SA-12s or 1 AQ HDC4?

sjv13
10+ year member

StayStrange
This is where I need your input. About the same price for both combinations. If I'm only going to be putting 1200rms to them, which combo would perform better? (I might go to around 2000rms much later on). I would get a custom box made for whichever way I decide to go, and tune it around 35 or 36.

Is one or the other more SQ than SPL? I'd like to have some good SQ (but also be able to get it poundin').

Thanks for anything you have to say!

EDIT: I'm also open to other options around $350-400.

get the SA12's... more cone area and more motor force = boomin

and like i mentioned in our PM's yesterday, if you get a bass knob it'll be beyond convenient to adjust the bass to the music you're listening to

get the SA12's... more cone area and more motor force = boomin
and like i mentioned in our PM's yesterday, if you get a bass knob it'll be beyond convenient to adjust the bass to the music you're listening to
In our PMs I mentioned the HCD3. Then I realized for the price of 2 SAs I could get an HDC4. Not that I don't trust you, I just like having more opinions.

And I do already have a bass knob. 85% of the time it is at max. It's the type that goes in-line in the RCAs between the HU and amp. It's a PAC

In our PMs I mentioned the HCD3. Then I realized for the price of 2 SAs I could get an HDC4. Not that I don't trust you, I just like having more opinions.
And I do already have a bass knob. 85% of the time it is at max. It's the type that goes in-line in the RCAs between the HU and amp. It's a PAC
sorry, didn't notice you said HDC4 in this posting... just a general rule though that 2 12's will 95% of the time be louder than 1 12. but i'm open to hear other opinions as well!

any of the guys will tell u that u will need a lot more than 1200 watts with a four inch coil get the two sa I have had the hdc3 and the sa the sundowns are more musical on less power

any of the guys will tell u that u will need a lot more than 1200 watts with a four inch coil get the two sa I have had the hdc3 and the sa the sundowns are more musical on less power
Thanks. I was wondering about that too.

Thanks. I was wondering about that too.

this is very true.. for a while i was running my amp at 4 ohms with the SA12's, only giving them about 400 to the pair... they came alive in my properly built enclosure even on only 400 watts, and the SQ was/is great

this is very true.. for a while i was running my amp at 4 ohms with the SA12's, only giving them about 400 to the pair... they came alive in my properly built enclosure even on only 400 watts, and the SQ was/is great
have u guys ever heard of the death box its like a small fourth order for a ten inch sub

Running 1200 watts would be a waste of an HDC4.
I was thinking I might get a bigger amp down the road when I could afford a new alt and the larger amp itself. But I agree with what you said. I'd probably go for the SAs though and I'm sure that they will be able to give me what I'm looking for. Plus, I could always slap a larger amp on them too.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

have u guys ever heard of the death box its like a small fourth order for a ten inch sub
this isn't really the right place to ask about that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.