2 RD Alphamax 15s in 9 Cubes at 34Hz (Aero, Grand Marquis)

97 Panthers FTW...I wonder how many cubes I can get if I use the wings on the trunk as well. Gotta the the measuring tape out, I need at least 10.5 cubes.
Yeah I think I figured you can if you have 4" wings on each side around 8" up until about 22" or so and that gets close to your target cubes.

This box is 40" wide by 23" deep by 22" tall if I didn't say it already

You know those arent actually "aero" ports right? The flare is what gives them the efficiency, to be able to run less port area, the guy with 5 6" aeros probably had flares im assuming....
Looks good though
Yeah he has flares and I know PVC isnt technically Aero since I think that is a copyrighted name??? IDK Anyways It should be pretty good either way....

Yeah he has flares and I know PVC isnt technically Aero since I think that is a copyrighted name??? IDK Anyways It should be pretty good either way....
Aeroports are PVC pipes with flared ends. The flared ends help reduce port noise and smooth out air flow. When you use aero's you are supposed to be able to get away with less port area, if you just use straight PVC it won't help as much.

still PVC or what ever round port works better than slot port,i had a box for 2 12" with remobable port and had slot and round and got better response with the round one with the same port area //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Unflared pvc is no better than slot
Heat the fvcker up and flare it!!
argh well I might but I dont have much room and if I flare it then my ports are too short...

215boxrevisiona.jpg

What if instead of flush mounting the aero I inlayed it like .75-1" and did a round over on the front baffle so that it was the "flare" would that work?

argh well I might but I dont have much room and if I flare it then my ports are too short...

What if instead of flush mounting the aero I inlayed it like .75-1" and did a round over on the front baffle so that it was the "flare" would that work?
yes that would help flare the pvc.

Nice build, just notice it today, I
Should make quite a bit of noise when its done.
Well your not to late, I just started yesterday haha

As soon as my dad wakes up I'm going to router the holes, unless I get a good reason behind flaring but I don't see it making a BIG difference.

yes that would help flare the pvc.
Ok then I might do this

Looking good so far. I'm dissapointed that you got the 5k and are only running it at 2 ohms though, hahah.

still PVC or what ever round port works better than slot port,i had a box for 2 12" with remobable port and had slot and round and got better response with the round one with the same port area //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
What:confused: You made this assumption based off one individual experience. To bad you were not closer I would let you hear what some slot ports sounded like:laugh:

Got the holes cut, no pictures of that but I will post em tomorrow

As for bracing I think I'm going to do either 2 or 4 2x2s front to back down the middle of the box to add strength.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.