2 ohm?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 753
    Participant count
  • Participant list
I believe that you can only get a 4 or 1 ohm load w/2 4ohm DVC subs, but I think amp should be able to handle a 1 ohm load.

Any other questions just post it

would u wire them parallel to get a 1 ohm load and if so how?

It's hard to explain but here goes; have the positive wire go to one positive post, then take another wire and wire it to the previous post. then connect it to the (+)post on the other sid of the sub.

you now have a 1) a wire from you amp(+) to one of the (+)posts 2) a wire attached to the previous post and to the (+)post on the other voice coil(oposite side of the sub).

good now,

attach a wire to previous connection and run it to the other sub (+)post. good. now run attach a wire from the last (+) post to the empty (+)post.

you have now mad a chain of wires coming from your amp going to all of the positive posts on you subs. Now do the same thing for all of the positive post.

Hey if ur a visual learner like me(lol) then this site may help you a lil more go to Matrixaudio.com and look for "tutorial" then go to "wiring your subs" and it will explain the formula and it gives you a nice diagram.

Good luck, any more questions? just post it and ill do my best to answer it.

unregesterd- better check your jbl 600.1

owner manual jbl web site says jbl 600.1

is stable to 2 ohm only

The RF D class amps state they are only stable down to 2 ohms, but u can bring it down to 1. P.G amps are the same way I had a ZX600TI and ran it down to a 1.33 load.

I have seen the JBL 600.1 pushing a 1 ohm load. You can ask your local dealer about it and see what they have to say. It may be like," As long as you a-just the gain properly then turn it down a lil more you should be ok" Yea the amp may get a lil hotter but as long as you dont "crank" it for 4 hours straight you'll be fine.

But hey what do I know right?

good luck...........

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.